Brewers Market Festival

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Single Origin Roasters will be bringing there Organic Pale Ale to Paddys for our Brewers Festival on October 10th.
For now it is called Single Origin Organic Pale Ale or SOOPA for short. This beer is dry hopped & displays a floral aroma with hints of passionfruit & lime. The malty mid-palate is balanced by a pleasant hop bitterness & provides a dry herbacous finish.
It is unfiltered, unpasturised & unreal, naturally carbonated & contains no additives or preservatives. The organic pale malt is from Victoria, while the organic Rakau hops come from the Nelson region of New Zealand.

Cheers
Gerard

Now you are making it sound better and better. Is there a list of what beers will be on tap coming before the event, or should we all just be praying for our favourites?

Hey Gerard,

Will this event be kid friendly?

The cheese and kisses is away that weekend and I have the kids. Would love to come for awhile.

Cheers
Kabooby

Hey Gerard,

Will this event be kid friendly?

The cheese and kisses is away that weekend and I have the kids. Would love to come for awhile.

Cheers
Kabooby

Shouldn't be a problem
Cheers
Gerard

Now this may change, but so far I have been told that these beers are coming:

Single Origin - Single Origin Organic Pale Ale

Lord Nelson - Three Sheets

Mountain Ridge - Pale & Black

4 Pines - Kolsch & Pale Ale

Murrays - " Im thinking of bringing a keg of one of our bigger beers down for the event which should be good. "

When I find out more I will post it, until then send Shawn @ Murrays a heap of emails requesting he bring something big & fancy!

Cheers
Gerard

I think I can, I know I can ..........................

Gerard, what's the starting time for this little treasure day .. assuming the brewers are there for the night, is this an evening event ?

Single Origin Roasters will be bringing there Organic Pale Ale to Paddys for our Brewers Festival on October 10th.
For now it is called Single Origin Organic Pale Ale or SOOPA for short. This beer is dry hopped & displays a floral aroma with hints of passionfruit & lime. The malty mid-palate is balanced by a pleasant hop bitterness & provides a dry herbacous finish.
It is unfiltered, unpasturised & unreal, naturally carbonated & contains no additives or preservatives. The organic pale malt is from Victoria, while the organic Rakau hops come from the Nelson region of New Zealand.

Cheers
Gerard

I walk past their coffee shop near Central every day and did not know they had started brewing beer.

Will have to drop in for a beer and a coffee !!!

Regards

Graeme

I emailed Shawn when I first heard he would be there asking him to bring the 2IPA but I never heard back from him. Maybe I should drop him another...

FGZ: I believe it starts at midday. Check here for more info.

[quote name='O'Henry' post='528818' date='Sep 30 2009, 09:59 AM']I emailed Shawn when I first heard he would be there asking him to bring the 2IPA but I never heard back from him. Maybe I should drop him another...

FGZ: I believe it starts at midday. Check here for more info.[/quote]

Ah yes, midday to 10.00pm ... so many beers ................. :icon_drool2:

serious, serious thoughts about attending this show.

Gerard, what's the starting time for this little treasure day .. assuming the brewers are there for the night, is this an evening event ?

Brewer's Market Festival

When: Saturday, October 10, 2009

Time: From 12:00pm

Where: Paddy's Brewery @ The Markets Hotel, 268 Parramatta
Road, Flemington

Entry: FREE

Tel: (02) 9764-3500

Email: [email protected]

Getting there: 20 mins from the CBD, 5 mins from Parramatta

Train - Quick walk from Flemington Train Station.

Car - Take Homebush Bay Drive exit off the M4

Bus - Call 131 500 for the quickest route

Cheers

Gerard Meares

Head Brewer, Paddy's Brewery

I walk past their coffee shop near Central every day and did not know they had started brewing beer.

Will have to drop in for a beer and a coffee !!!

Regards

Graeme

If you can get your order in. That place gets seriously packed. I've worked around the corner since it opened... & only braved the queue once :)

Matt Donnelan from St. Peter's Brewery will have 3 different beers available during the Brewers Festival this coming Saturday October 10th.

"Green Star Lager" (5%Alc/Vol) - Pale/Straw coloured lager with a generous amount of Australian grown Wheat malt & a crisp hop finish. Produced without additives, preservatives, pasteurizing & remaining unfiltered. Clean finish with high drinkability & typically dry Wheat finish.
Available in bottles & on tap at selected outlets.

"Killagh Stout" (5%Alc/Vol) - Full flavoured extra dark ale with "coffee" & "toffee" notes. Distinctive "white" head formation complements darkness of the main body of the beer. Produced using 10%Oatmeal for a very dry finish, complemented with a typical "ale" finish from Fuggles & Goldings hops. Designed as a highly drinkable stout. Available in bottles & on tap at selected outlets.

"Cinnamon Girl Spiced Ale" (5%Alc/Vol) - A unique style of ale produced from a very traditional recipe, with a surprising dry yet full finish. Uses natural cinnamon infused with a hoppy amber ale to produce a highly drinkable seasonal beer.Available in bottles at selected outlets.

See ya there
Cheers
Gerard

Any info on the Single Origin guys ... Google says noooo ... 'cough'

G'day fellas,

Thanks to Gerard for organising this. I have been without computer access at work for a little while so apologies for missing threads/emails to those who have tried to contact me. I'll be bringing either a keg of Icon 2IPA or Grand Cru, and one of our other beers, maybe the Pilsner or the Dark Knight... Looking forward to seeing you all on the day,

Shawn.

Woops, cheers. Assume they are using the new Joe White organic malt.

Cant make it, but hopefully see you at the Aussie Hotel festival.

Scotty

Woops, cheers. Assume they are using the new Joe White organic malt.

Cant make it, but hopefully see you at the Aussie Hotel festival.

Scotty

Their site says they use organic pale malt from Victoria and Rakau hops from NZ.

Hoping I can make it, hoping I can make it, hoping I can make it, hoping I can make it, hoping I can make it, hoping I can make it, hoping I can make it, hoping I can make it, hoping I can make it, hoping I can make it, hoping I can make it, hoping I can make it, hoping I can make it, hoping I can make it, hoping I can make it, hoping I can make it. <_<

G'day fellas,

Thanks to Gerard for organising this. I have been without computer access at work for a little while so apologies for missing threads/emails to those who have tried to contact me. I'll be bringing either a keg of Icon 2IPA or Grand Cru, and one of our other beers, maybe the Pilsner or the Dark Knight... Looking forward to seeing you all on the day,

Shawn.

No, no, no ,no, no, no, no, YES! :)

Shawn: If you are deciding what beers to bring by putting their names in a hat and drawing them out, can you please have 10 slips each for the 2IPA and the Dark Knight.

Thanks,
O'Henry

Icon 2IPA and Pilsner it is - might bring the dark next time. Hope you guys are thirsty as I need you to get through all of both kegs! :p Apologies again for missing you email OHenry.

Shawn

Back