Brewer's Hardware Tri Clover

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crusty

Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you guys have purchased any 1" Tri Clover fittings from them.
I've got some questions regarding their description of sizing that I'd like some clarification on.
I've sent an email last night but I've heard nothing back as yet.
1" Butterfly valve
In the related products down the bottom it displays a 1"/1.5" clamp so I'm assuming anything purchased in 1" or 1.5" will take the 1"/1.5" clamp even though the flange is basically 2" as in their sizing chart.
Cheers

They are pretty hopeless on the emails, generally only reply if you have an order in with them. I've never bought any 1" fittings from them only 1.5" and 2". I'm pretty sure 1" and 1.5" use exactly the same clamp though. The quality of stuff you get from them is fantastic. A lot better then some of the stuff you can get locally or out of china. As bad as their customer service is i'm a repeat customer!

huez said:
They are pretty hopeless on the emails, generally only reply if you have an order in with them. I've never bought any 1" fittings from them only 1.5" and 2". I'm pretty sure 1" and 1.5" use exactly the same clamp though. The quality of stuff you get from them is fantastic. A lot better then some of the stuff you can get locally or out of china. As bad as their customer service is i'm a repeat customer!
Cheers for that.
I got a Sanke fermenting kit from them & it's top notch.
I purchased some tri clover fittings from ebay & I'm a little disappointed about the quality even though they're 316 stainless. The guy sent the wrong size elbow too so I've decided to go all 1". Any reason you opted for 1.5" pipe instead of 1"?
I'm just adding a bit of tri clover to the Braumeister starting with the butterfly valve, elbow & hose barb. Eventually it will be used with an in-line wort oxygenation setup I'm piecing together.

I can confirm their quality is high!

I have had response via email a few times. Can take them a week, but they're often helpful.

Yes the 1 and 1.5" gear is interchangeable. Careful you don't have too many size variations though or you get shadowing which while not awful, defeats the TC purpose in some ways. I accidentally bought a 1.5" valve and there is a big step going into my 1" fittings.

And if it's not clear enough: 1" valve needs 1"-1.5" clamps despite being 2" flange.

Go TC! I don't think enough home brewers do!

cke11y said:
I can confirm their quality is high!

I have had response via email a few times. Can take them a week, but they're often helpful.

Yes the 1 and 1.5" gear is interchangeable. Careful you don't have too many size variations though or you get shadowing which while not awful, defeats the TC purpose in some ways. I accidentally bought a 1.5" valve and there is a big step going into my 1" fittings.

And if it's not clear enough: 1" valve needs 1"-1.5" clamps despite being 2" flange.

Go TC! I don't think enough home brewers do!
For sure!
It's so convenient & the cleanup is just so easy.
Do you know if the outside diameter of the 1.5" elbow is the same OD as the 1" elbow?
Having both sizes, should you of gone all 1.5" or are you happy with 1".

1" elbow will be 1" the ferrule will be 2"
An 1.5" elbow will be 1.5 the ferrule will be 2"
There is an explanation on sizing on their website.

This is a 1"-1.5" eccentric reducer

2015-11-14 17.49.06.jpg

Latest posts

Back