Brewers friend question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrewCarey82

"Baron Hardmans" Chief brewer.
Reaction score
Hi Learned folk.

Quick question I'm a BIAB with mixed results at the moment.

For Brewers friend it has estimated boil size, then batch size.

I've taken this to mean what I start with pre boil, that batch size is after I top it up with water?

Boiling with 17 litres of wort at the moment, than 12 normally makes it into the fermentor than normally top up to 18 litres or so depending on the refractometer.

Thanks folk.

No, it wants your 17L pre-boil as 'boil size' and your 12L into the fermentor as 'batch size' (in it's default Fermentor setting). You could have found this out by clicking on the ?'s at the end of each row, which take you to explanations of the terms. For further or full explanations click on the ?'s.

If you are going to be a smartarse I'd suggest not answering if its beneath you.

If you are going to be a smartarse I'd suggest not answering if its beneath you.
You got the answer as well as info on where to look for the answers next time.

I didn't see it as being a smart arse or anything other than helpful.

Perceptions a bitch especially on forums as text has no tone. It causes many misconceptions and arguments simply due to ones interpretations of the written words.

Maybe be thankful that someone answered your question or next time theres a fair chance they wont

Apologies to the original reply person if I took their post out of context.

No problems, apology accepted. For the record, I wasn't trying to be a smart arse, but could be if you like... (insert Ninja emoji here)

Back