Quantcast

Brewer's Equipment

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Crusty

The Electric Brewery
Reaction score
Is there anywhere that we can talk to brewer's maybe via PM that brew on identical equipment as myself.
For example, if I want to ask a BIAB brewer some questions via PM, can we identify those people instead of asking the general population or hoping that they have a description in their signature.
I think this will help immensely with specific brewing questions related to a particular way we brew.

Crusty

Brew In A Bag ( Crown 40lt Electric Urn - Exposed Element )

kelbygreen

Crazy Clown
Reaction score
yeah but you could be asking some one that has never used there rig so wouldnt have a clue. Plus I dont think if they made say 3 people in that category as known people with info that they would want or like to be PM'd all the time.

Then there is the fact they will prob repeat words alot as it wont be seen by the greater community, So if there is a same question then they cannot find the answer as it was answered in PM.

Any brewers best bet is put a thread up about attending a brew day with the rig they want to run in there area and go see and ask questions on the day as they will see alot more in 4hrs then 4 weeks of questions

Crusty

The Electric Brewery
Reaction score
yeah but you could be asking some one that has never used there rig so wouldnt have a clue. Plus I dont think if they made say 3 people in that category as known people with info that they would want or like to be PM'd all the time.

Then there is the fact they will prob repeat words alot as it wont be seen by the greater community, So if there is a same question then they cannot find the answer as it was answered in PM.

Any brewers best bet is put a thread up about attending a brew day with the rig they want to run in there area and go see and ask questions on the day as they will see alot more in 4hrs then 4 weeks of questions
Yeah fair enough but how about the person who wants to send the PM chooses who they think will know the answer & has the experience, based on general posts.
Experienced BIAB brewers like BribieG. I have sent him a few BIAB related questions as I couldn't really find anyone else & from his posts, know that he knows what he's talking about. It's a bit hard to travel to someones house for a brewday if you have no idea who brews on what & simply hope someone sees the post & bothers to answer it.
Just a thought.

kelbygreen

Crazy Clown
Reaction score
well if you look up to another brewer they wont mind if you PM them I am sure. I thought you meant to have a few people for every one to PM :p.

I PM guys I know that will give me the answer I look for without sifting threw 2 pages of shit I dont want. But then every one will be different so you gotto pick the people that best relate to what you want to do and how you do it and then stick with them.

I found going to that brew day with tony was the most info I ever got you can read and read all you like but till you see what happens it all falls into place. There was so much he talked about even then and it all went over my head but seeing how to brew was great even though it was no where near the rig I ran or run it all still applies alot whether you use a bag or a tun and a million valves hard plumbed like him or a pump with a hose and QD like me lol

I can see what your getting at but I think it would be to hard to do. They could make AG a main forum then have all the AG types as subforums so you will have like BIAB, 3v, HERMS and RIMS, but then it might get more confusing as there is already a heap of subforums.

Maybe in the title say like : how to hold mash temp {BIAB} or something to tell people that its about BIAB not 3v or what ever.

PM people you know will give you the answer but I think if they made it public them members might get annoyed and not every one will think that member is the best to ask.

Crusty

The Electric Brewery
Reaction score
well if you look up to another brewer they wont mind if you PM them I am sure. I thought you meant to have a few people for every one to PM :p .

I PM guys I know that will give me the answer I look for without sifting threw 2 pages of shit I dont want. But then every one will be different so you gotto pick the people that best relate to what you want to do and how you do it and then stick with them.

I found going to that brew day with tony was the most info I ever got you can read and read all you like but till you see what happens it all falls into place. There was so much he talked about even then and it all went over my head but seeing how to brew was great even though it was no where near the rig I ran or run it all still applies alot whether you use a bag or a tun and a million valves hard plumbed like him or a pump with a hose and QD like me lol

I can see what your getting at but I think it would be to hard to do. They could make AG a main forum then have all the AG types as subforums so you will have like BIAB, 3v, HERMS and RIMS, but then it might get more confusing as there is already a heap of subforums.

Maybe in the title say like : how to hold mash temp {BIAB} or something to tell people that its about BIAB not 3v or what ever.

PM people you know will give you the answer but I think if they made it public them members might get annoyed and not every one will think that member is the best to ask.
Yeah, your probably right. It would just be nice to look at your info & see what you brew on publicly. We have provisions for our location, date joined etc but it would be good to look at that info & see that you brew on a 3V or whatever.............. :party:

kelbygreen

Crazy Clown
Reaction score
ahh yeah now I get what your after :p

I do agree having a equipment tab under the members name would be good them barrels and stupid labels for post count could be removed and put up a equipment tab.

maybe post it in the how to change AHB thread? :D

Crusty

The Electric Brewery
Reaction score
ahh yeah now I get what your after :p

I do agree having a equipment tab under the members name would be good them barrels and stupid labels for post count could be removed and put up a equipment tab.

maybe post it in the how to change AHB thread? :D
Will do.
Cheers mate.

Latest posts