Breweries In Yarra Valley

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellbent

Reaction score
Hi,
We have been given a 2 day accommodation voucher to the The Sebel Heritage Yarra Valley resort starting on sunday, I'm just wondering is there any breweries eg around that part of victoria that anyone knows of???

coldstream brewery in coldstream on maroondah highway and white rabbit brewery in healesville, both are excellent!

Holgate is my favorite in that area.
Coldstream, White Rabbit and Holgate are pretty close.
And if you still need more beer after that there is Oscars Ale House in Belgrave.

+1 to white rabbit if you want to see the workings of a craftbrewery.
+1 to hargreaves hill if you want a good lunch :icon_drool2:

I just did the Yarra Valley beer and wine tour recently.
You REALLY should go to Hargreaves Hill - sensational beer and GREAT food, we had a cracking lunch there.
White Rabbit is fine, it's a bit packaged and I'd tried their beers before, but it's still good and the overall Innocent Bystander truckstop concept is pretty cool (the ham and cheese baguette is awesome)

ged

Buckleys are also in healsville. they dont do food and are quite small but will give you a good look round the brewery.
http://www.buckleysbeer.com.au/

the food at all the other breweries is good to exelent. white rabbit do more nibbles than meals, but giant steps next door does good meals. definately book for any of them if your there on a weekend. Im not sure if white rabbit will actually let you on to the brewery floor but the bar is set in the middle of it all. Im fairly certain coldstream offer tours. hargreaves brew in an estate in lillydale, the public face of the brewery is a bar/ restaurant set in an old bank in the main street of yarra glen.

if you like you can catch a bus that visits coldstream, healsville and yarra glen.

Healesville also has Buckleys Brewery. It's only open to the public on weekends and is about 6 blocks from White Rabbit. Their Bock is an amazing beer, the others are decent.

If in Healesville get to White Rabbit for a beer or two. There's nothing available there that your average bottle shop doesn't sell, but it's a funky place and the people there are passionate and knowledegable about craft brewing and the process. A few places down is 'Giant Steps' winery that has amazing food and beer list. Also the Grand Hotel has amazing food and beer list. Healesville is a very tasty place to be!

Also:
+1 to Holgate
+1 to Hargreaves Hill

Coldstream Brewery is a nice spot but has so-so beers and so-so food. I'd skip it in favour of Hargreaves Hill down the road.

+1 for Coldstream but they get very busy on weekends and tend to want to rush you out the door.

We booked for 11am and were told we had to order quickly as they get busy when their woodfired pizzas start at 12.00. We then received our entrees and mains together and when I got up to order a drink and my wife went to the toilet they had already sat people down in our seats. Then we waited at the register for 10 mins to pay the bill and was ignored by the wait staff. So we decided to walk out without paying. They were too busy to care.

once again thanks fellas for your input, white rabbit for a look and a sip and Hargreaves hill For a lunch one day sounds to be the go and I am sure we will give them a bit of a work over,,,,,, just off chance anyone know of a good place for breakie in the area because where we are staying ( The Sebel Heritage Yarra Valley resort ) is to bloody dear for a breakie ($69)...........
........Thanks guys

+1 for Hargreaves Hill though. Solid food.

Latest posts

Back