Breweries Around Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mis-information...Dis-information.

The site is hideously out-of-date, and atrociously mal-informed.

e.g. The Queens Wharf Brewery in Newcastle now has a website, but no longer is a brewery (They get it from Bluetongue - which doesn't rate a mention).

Also the details for :
New Valley Brewery
Ken Tubman Drive
Maitland VIC 2320 (02) 4933 5786...
are also incorrect. It no longer brews & as AFAIK it doesn't exist, and is also in Maitland NSW, not in Vic.

My view: Don't look at the linked site it may be horrendous to your mental well-being, if you are half as pedantic as I.

So, AndrewQLD, it's not really a "good listing of breweries/brew pubs in Australia". Sorry to say.

Seth :p

Edited to add an ampersand only...

Sorry for the disinformation by the misinformed fellas :p . But as I don't live in the areas you mentioned how was I to know <_< . Just goes to show that the internet is not really the information highway I was led to believe :ph34r:

Andrew

You have to be suss of someone who proudly proclaims that there product is a "boutique" beer.

down the bottom.oliver and geoff.
say no more

big d said:
down the bottom.oliver and geoff.
say no more
[post="58394"][/post]​

Or should that be Oliver and Stanley? :D

Warren -

Laurel___Hardy___brennender_Finger.jpg

I lost respect for O + G when I saw the wort chiller project... how they went around to a plumber, had pics, writeup, they were really proud of the result, and it was about 7 turns of 1/2" copper tubing... wasn't very impressive. But their hearts are definitely in the right place.

Did a quick update on the list of Aussie micros. That is an update of the posted info. There are actually over 70 micros brewing in Australia at the moment - when I get a bit more time :excl: I will do a full listing. That database is very up to date but none of the older entries have been edited.

Wes

View attachment Aussie_Micros.doc

There is also this website in the links section with a list of Aussie Micro Brewerys.

cheers
johnno

Homebush Bay Brewery
Olympic Boulevard
Homebush Bay NSW 2127 (02) 8762 1293
(02) 8762 1185

What is this about?

Jim_Levet said:
Homebush Bay Brewery
Olympic Boulevard
Homebush Bay NSW 2127 (02) 8762 1293
(02) 8762 1185

What is this about?
[post="58436"][/post]​

It does also say this
Never brewed a beer came from Sanctuary Cove

So is it in storage for another brewpub, or was someone just dreaming Wes ?

Beers,
Doc

Doc, this "brewery" was set up for the Olympics only as far as I know. It was a CUB operation hence the old Sanctuary Cove brewery involvement.

Wes

wessmith said:
Did a quick update on the list of Aussie micros. That is an update of the posted info. There are actually over 70 micros brewing in Australia at the moment - when I get a bit more time :excl: I will do a full listing. That database is very up to date but none of the older entries have been edited.

Wes
[post="58427"][/post]​

Oh dear looking at your listing, Wes, it shows that the Queensland Microbrew scene is really in bad shape :( . What is it about Queenslanders that stop them from drinking quality craftbrews?

Nevertheless, you did miss one quality venue in Brisbane, which is Oxford 152 at 152 Oxford St, Bulimba. Award winning beers, great food, and not afraid to do the odd experimental and seasonal brew.

Cheers - Snow

Snow said:
Oh dear looking at your listing, Wes, it shows that the Queensland Microbrew scene is really in bad shape :( .
[post="58544"][/post]​

Not just Queensland, we Croweaters are more than eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Steam Exchange and Gulf breweries on the scene :) .

Progress reports Andrew and Pedro?

awrabest,

stu

Should include 3 Ravens in Thornbury too - still going AFAIK

Folks, there a lot of newer breweries that are not on that list. I didnt explain it all that well, but all I did was edit what was on the list. Will try and do a full update over the next few days.

Wes

Weizguy said:
Mis-information...Dis-information.

The site is hideously out-of-date, and atrociously mal-informed.

e.g. The Queens Wharf Brewery in Newcastle now has a website, but no longer is a brewery (They get it from Bluetongue - which doesn't rate a mention).

Also the details for :
New Valley Brewery
Ken Tubman Drive
Maitland VIC 2320 (02) 4933 5786...
are also incorrect. It no longer brews & as AFAIK it doesn't exist, and is also in Maitland NSW, not in Vic.

My view: Don't look at the linked site it may be horrendous to your mental well-being, if you are half as pedantic as I.

So, AndrewQLD, it's not really a "good listing of breweries/brew pubs in Australia". Sorry to say.

Thanks for all your most kind words about our site at www.homebrewandbeer.com. Unfortunately, it's only a hobby so there's not always a great deal of time to scour the internet for updates. We do invite visitors to submit updates. When people send us information on breweries, we'll post it. If no one tells us, we don't know. Oh, and the Bluetongue Brewery is now listed, because someone sent us an email telling us about it.

Dunkel_Boy said:
I lost respect for O + G when I saw the wort chiller project... how they went around to a plumber, had pics, writeup, they were really proud of the result, and it was about 7 turns of 1/2" copper tubing... wasn't very impressive. But their hearts are definitely in the right place.

The plumber was Geoff's father-in-law, and the instructions came from the book "Brew Ware - How to find, adapt and build homebrewing equipment", by Karl Lutzen and Mark Stevens. I'm sure it's in the bookshelves of many of the people on this forum. If I was making the chiller again, it would be substantially different. That was five years ago, this is now.

Oliver

Back