Brewday Brisbane Northside

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Owing to circumstances probably totally within my control, there might not be a big range of beers on tap ( two beers on tap have about one litre left <_< ).
Bah humbug, xmas drinking sprees & not enough brewing.
The beer we'll be brewing on the day will either be an Alt or XH Ale (if it doesn't get brew this week).

Burton XH-ale
Extra Special/Strong Bitter (English Pale Ale)
Type: All Grain
Batch Size (fermenter): 23.00 l
Boil Size: 32.13 l
Boil Time: 60 min Equipment: Pot and Cooler (10 Gal/37.8 L) - All Grain
End of Boil Volume 27.86 l Brewhouse Efficiency: 72.00 %
Final Bottling Volume: 20.16 l Est Mash Efficiency 84.4 %
Fermentation: Ale, Two Stage

Ingredients
Amt Name Type # %/IBU
2.60 kg Pale Malt, Ale (Barrett Burston) (5.9 EBC) Grain 1 44.3 %
2.60 kg Pale Malt, Maris Otter (Thomas Fawcett) (5.9 EBC) Grain 2 44.3 %
0.40 kg Oats, Flaked (2.0 EBC) Grain 3 6.8 %
0.11 kg Carafa III (1034.3 EBC) Grain 4 1.9 %
0.16 kg Cane (Beet) Sugar (0.0 EBC) Sugar 5 2.7 %
42.00 g Target [11.00 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 6 43.9 IBUs
28.00 g Goldings, East Kent [5.00 %] - Boil 30.0 min Hop 7 10.2 IBUs
1.0 pkg Nottingham (Danstar #-) [23.66 ml] Yeast 8 -
58.00 g Goldings, East Kent [5.00 %] - Dry Hop 4.0 Days Hop 9 0.0 IBUs

Beer Profile

Est Original Gravity: 1.059 SG Measured Original Gravity: 1.056 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.012 SG Measured Final Gravity: 1.010 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 6.2 % Actual Alcohol by Vol: 6.0 %
Bitterness: 54.2 IBUs Calories: 523.6 kcal/l
Est Color: 25.2 EBC
Mash Profile

Mash Name: Single Infusion, Medium Body, Batch Sparge Total Grain Weight: 5.87 kg
Sparge Water: 22.96 l Grain Temperature: 22.2 C
Sparge Temperature: 75.6 C Tun Temperature: 22.2 C
Mash PH: 5.20

Created with BeerSmith

Owing to circumstances probably totally within my control, there might not be a big range of beers on tap ( two beers on tap have about one litre left ).
Bah humbug, xmas drinking sprees & not enough brewing.

Your not one your Pat Molone there mate.

Yup, undergoing a Northern Invasion at the moment and had to go out and get a couple of slabs of Hooten :angry: - still, $30 ain't bad for an AG dutch nicely hopped quaffer.

hooten.jpg

Have a good one.

Are we all chucking in a few $$ for a pizza after the brew Perry?

I'll see what beer I have here, must be something I can bring along

Batz

Are we all chucking in a few $$ for a pizza after the brew Perry?

I'll see what beer I have here, must be something I can bring along

Batz

That could be the go mate.

There'll be couple of beers on tap, should have been more, poor timing on my part really.
Now to quickly check I've got everything for the batch = expect me in the shop after lunch, Sim :rolleyes:
We'll probably do a pizza run in the evening for those rusted onto the barstools.

edit: sp

Bloody work! Wish I could come down for it!

I am moving to Brisbane soon so PLEASE have another one soon Winkle!

Have a good one lads,

Cheers

I am trying to get the tiling finished in the beer room before heading over. Should be there by kick off.

Cheers

I'm looking unlikely due to rellies staying over....

Will confirm later today but I'm guessing I'm a no-show.

I should be having a brew day either 26th at the current house, or in a month or two at the new house.....

Keep you posted.

Cheers

I'm about to head off, should see you around 12.00pm. I had to put a couple of brews into fermenters this morning.

Not stopping at any brew shops now as neither CB or anyone else have Oxford Headmaster glasses that I'm after. I'll have the hit a catering place later on.

I have a party keg of Uncle Dunkel to put on tap as well. :party:

CYA soon

Batz

I should be all good to head along today, but due to poor timing on my part, I'm pretty low on beers to bring along, (I've got 4 swing top bottles of my first AG to bring for evaluation and ridicule purposes, everything else is in the fermenters :-( ) but I can bring along some malts if it'll save u a trip to the store, I've got a bunch of weyerman pils and BB Aus Ale and about 250g each of munich and wheat if that helps.

cheers
Scott

Cheers to Winkle, Mrs Winkle, and the rest of the lads for a great arvo and some great beers!!.... anyone else feeling a little dusty today??

:party:

Big thanks to Perry and Anna, great night once again. I'm glad I hit the sack earlier than you guys, you all looked a little secondhand this morning.

Batz

Thanks Perry and Anna for a great afternoon. It's always nice to catch up with a few familiar faces over a beer or ten. Great to meet a few new brewers also.

Many thanks to our hosts at the brasserie, good to meet a few new faces too. :icon_cheers:

Big thanks to Perry and Anna, great night once again. I'm glad I hit the sack earlier than you guys, you all looked a little secondhand this morning.

Batz

Thank you for bringing breakfast Batz, and it was thirdhand I belive.
I wonder if Rowy has got his free glasses yet??

[/quote]

If only the fish in the bay bit as hard.

I ordered some yeast today and mentioned the glasses, six pack of complementary glasses now included in my order. :super:

It's all good fun until someone loses an eye...................no doubt Ross is the better for not getting my call on Saturday :p

Also Perry and Anna many thanks for a great day......night and early morning!

Back