Brewday Brisbane North-west

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winkle

Teach a man to fish and play golf, and you'll neve
Reaction score
Short notice I know but there is a few of us (the usual suspects) are having a brewday at Everton Park tomorrow ( Saturday 13th Oct) starting around lunch.
English Special Bitter, single mash infusion, possibly a second batch of Irish Red Ale if we get keen. PM me if interested.

About that time Perry I'll be on the boat getting to head to the Swains for the week. Enjoy and have one for me. My selection of b eers on the boat will be somewhat limited <_<

Have you got electricity on that side of the river .. or do you brew with gas?? :p

:icon_cheers:

Paul

on the north side it's like this ...

mid-Can_opener.ogg.jpg

i'm on the south side we use grain :)

thats a can of home brand draft on the NS

i'm on the south side we use grain :)

thats a can of home brand draft on the NS

I believe it won first place at the last PUBS minicomp :p

Anyone got a flamesuit?

:icon_cheers:

Paul

Hoping I'll make it Perry - will bring my special can opener for you

spewing I would have liked to have made it along but I have to go over my mates place and have many beverages instead. ;)

More notice next time Perry!

spewing I would have liked to have made it along but I have to go over my mates place and have many beverages instead. ;)

More notice next time Perry!

Yeh, meant to post this last night, but I was led astray by a couple of 15 year olds yobs (Dalwhinnie + Glenmorangie).

The can openers belong up futher North at Depression Bay and parts adjacent. :p
mash_recirculation.JPG
We are brewing on a modified version of this, if anyone is interested.

Wot happened to you Nick?
Ralph , me and TP were all unwell this morning - I'm about to enter the pool in the hope that I'll emerge somewhat more humanlike than I feel ATM.

Sorry mate, best laid plans and all that.

That beig said, there is now a big chunk of brownie points in the bank for future events....

Sorry mate, best laid plans and all that.

That beig said, there is now a big chunk of brownie points in the bank for future events....

Recovery.....
recovery.JPG
Gage Bitter for a quick fix - now on the XH ale via the hand pump ;)
recovery2.JPG
Ralph about to tuck into a nice hot tequila laced lager :ph34r: .
PS - we gave one of my mates a bottle of Bribies' case-swap midnight train to take home and savour at his pleasure. :D

Many thanks winkle and Anna, awesome get together and great to catch up with fellow brewers, a few colleagues (what a small world!) and the cat, she's a real party animal. :party: Glad to be home in one piece, still very much on the mend though. :icon_drunk:

Many thanks for the great arvo & night Perry & Anna. Good to meet a couple of new faces & have a beer or two with the usual suspects. :icon_cheers:
It's not often I'm too sore & sorry to eat brekky. Big thank-you to my Johnny Cash CD's for keeping me awake on the trip home. ;)

Many thanks for the great arvo & night Perry & Anna. Good to meet a couple of new faces & have a beer or two with the usual suspects. :icon_cheers:
It's not often I'm too sore & sorry to eat brekky. Big thank-you to my Johnny Cash CD's for keeping me awake on the trip home. ;)

I think the 9.5% hybrid IPA/Triplemay have been the cause of the next day seediness <_<
There should be some photos of the brewing part of the day that I'll post up once I've edited out the people who "were at Bunnings" ;)

Haha, no need to edit anything out, all good. Remember there was a pic of Pete and me being a bit 'crucket'.

Thanks again for a great couple of hours, really enjoyed it as usual, also thanks for the feed, beers and cubes.
Oh, and the invaluable concreting advice by you mate, should save my water tank from breaking in half.

Latest posts

Back