"brewbuilder" Discussion Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SJW

As you must brew, so you must drink
Reaction score
http://www.ubrew.com.au
Just wondering who has used Brewbuilder and what recipes you have used?
I have brewed all of the Sierra Nevada recipes and they are crackers. It would take me a life time to brew everything in the database so it may be worth posting your results of different brews.
Also might be worth posting any tips or tricks when designing custom brews?

Steve

Hi Steve,

I have brewed a few off brewbuilder.
The Hobgoblin is very good. Side by side with the bottled version was very close, not the same, and not better or worse, just a touch different. Made it straight off the recipe there. And I would make it slightly differently next time - but changes in process rather than recipe.
The Porter was good also.
Funny thing is besides that I have made a lot of beer off that tool, but have mostly done my own thing, and that is what I like, a starting point and I go from there.

Fear_n_loath

I've done a few off there that have turned out to be crackers, most recently a Benchmark American brown ale.. it was bloody beautiful!

I picked up an Endeavour Pale Ale brew today. I have never used Galaxy before so the late additions in this recipe sound interesting.
Also got another Sudwerk Marzen. This has become a constant beer on tap at my place now. Great beer, very easy drinking. I tweak the hops a little for a bit more kick.

I'm new to AG and I'd be lost without this (or brewmate) & marks help.I've brewed the Dr Smurtos GA and I love it. LC Bright ale is bubbling away in the bucket as we speak. Very excited to try it.Cheers ad

+1 The Benchmark American Brown Ale Recipe.
I set some bottles aside for the NSW comp and really had a hard time sending them.
Harry

Whenever I have used it I've found the recipes to be excellent, I love the way it's tailored to my 50lt BM.

'Budweiser Czech Budvar' cracker of a lager this one!

Thanks to Mark for the program :beerbang:

batz

I highly reccommend the Fat Tyre Amber Ale - it is a terrific brew. With some Fuggles plugs in a hopback it is a spectactular brew.

Is there a specific thing you enter for braumeisters to get correct recipe

I'm planning the brewdog punk IPA at the moment. May change the hop combo to what is showing on brew builder (anyone have any good combo's for this?). This will be my first crack at a brew builder recipe will follow up with the results in a few weeks.

Is there a specific thing you enter for braumeisters to get correct recipe

I think Mark sets it up for you.

When I visited Mark last year he had a massive "encyclopedia" of recipes that Brewbuilder is based on - apparently you can buy it from wherever for a few hundred dollars (why bother when Mark puts it out gratis) but they are all well researched and authentic "clones" of nearly every popular beer on the market.

I'll be getting onto the system when I move down that-a-way-ish next Month and get the packs made up for specific brews where I don't need a whole sack of Wey - for example - but wouldn't mind a faithful Oktoberfest or an Alt once or twice a year.

yeah i have it set up, i guess i must of sent through that i had a 20l to him

Hi Guys,

I have sent an email off to Mark but I was wondering when completing the application form does "kettle loss" mean boil off or loss to trub, chiller etc?

Cheers

Hi Guys,

I have sent an email off to Mark but I was wondering when completing the application form does "kettle loss" mean boil off or loss to trub, chiller etc?

Cheers
It's the loss in the kettle, after you run off your wort, so trub/chiller etc losses after the boil.

HTH

+1 The Benchmark American Brown Ale Recipe.
I set some bottles aside for the NSW comp and really had a hard time sending them.
Harry

OK I'll give it a crack tomorrow.

batz

I am new to BrewBuilder™

But where can I set it to allow me to make a 1000 IBU beer :eek:

The best that I can get to is around half that number :D

I am new to BrewBuilder

But where can I set it to allow me to make a 1000 IBU beer :eek:

The best that I can get to is around half that number :D

539219_346997418686603_244753448911001_982959_1887562700_n.jpg

Ordered the St bernardus 12 off brewbuilder,for my 20l B.M.Been in the bottle around 2.5mths now,cracked one the other night......bloody lovely :icon_drool2:

Latest posts

Back