Brewapoloosa anyone?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrumpyPaul

Reaction score
Its been mentioned in the Vic case swap thread but i thought I'd start is own thread and see how much traction and interest the idea gets...

Imagine if you will, an event where brewers come from far and wide to congregate.

State based Ahb groups, clubs, individuals... All camping together over a weekend (or longer)to do all things brewing together.

Collab brews. Demo brews. System wars. Tasting and sharing.

Maybe throw in a food truck or two andv some entertainment and you have home brew heaven.

A Burning Man like festival of free spirited brewers...could even call it BrewingMan.

a Woodstock like event where the love of hops and barley flow freely.

What say ye all?

Would you go?
What else would the event involve.

The conversation starts here.

I think this sounds great, you would need room for caravans, tents etc. Power to these would also help.
Perhaps able stay a night or two more than the actual event.

Awesome. Although I'm far from a PC advocate such a big potential event may need another name.
Rather than Brewing Man. Brewing People? (The brewing people event etc) so very simple yeah but I would'nt mind seeing some female brewers if they even exist! and there are female craft beer appreciators at least.
$0.02

Nah Hambone basically got it right the first time.

Hold it in the south of tasmania
Remove the food trucks - brewers love to cook so some big spit roasts and fire/coal roasts.
Have some muay thai sparring during the day followed by multiple pints.

Do all that and I’m in.

Pet friendly? I'd like to bring my Cats

Nah Hambone basically got it right the first time.

I don't know, it has its good points. Nowhere else that I've worked in the world has such a relaxing view for a Friday knockoff beer:

2gQBa7i.jpg

Anyway, back to the Home Brew-Festering. I'd be aiming at somewhere on the coast between Vic and NSW that has large camping areas but still good access to a town for resups. The trick would be finding the right balance between weather and low occupancy of others (off tourist season) to ensure you get to own the space as well as have adequatte areas for running displays, workshops, cookups, etc.

We could do a brew olympics, pentathlon style, with sports like find your keys in the mash tun, smash a pint of mid strength sour, catch the falling hydrometer, the don't spill your beer three legged race, and my personal fav: round up the kittens.

I'm too old for camping, or sleeping anywhere else than in a very very comfortable bed.

Back