Brew Your Own British Real Ale At Home

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mje1980

Old Thunder brewery
Reaction score
Anyone have this book?? sounds like it would be good, and has heaps of recipes in it. If anyone does, could they let me know please so i can bum some recipes from the book hahah.

Good idea....! :lol:
maybe we can organise an AHB, Bulk recipe scab. :p

hi have a Dave Line book loaded with british ale recipe's

what are you looking for some are AG some are partials?

delboy :D

mje1980 said:
Anyone have this book?? sounds like it would be good, and has heaps of recipes in it. If anyone does, could they let me know please so i can bum some recipes from the book hahah.
[post="88305"][/post]​
Is this the Graham Wheeler/Roger Protz book? If so, I have it.

Can you post a couple of each? That way everyone gets a bit of lovin' :chug:

no worries give me five, no it is a dave line book, old as the hills.1990 last publication before he died.

del :beerbang:

ok here is one to try

HOOK NORTON( Banbury)
"old bill" dark ale

five gallons og 1050

crushed pale malt 3.5 kg
crushed black malt 100gms
flked barley 300gms
waterer for mild ale 15 ltrs
irish moss 5mls
soft DBS 450 gms
fuggels 60 gms
Brambling cross hops 30gms lactose 50gms
ale yeast rehyrdrated
brown sugar 60 gms

malts and flakes in mash for 1.5 hours @ 66deg c
sparge wort to collect 20 ltrs .boil wort 1.5 hrs add30 gms fuggles@ 30 min the 60 mins.add 50 gms @last 10 minsof brambling cross hops.disolve 450 gms sDBS IN 1 LRTR HOT WATER AD DURING BOIL PICH IRISH MOSS AS DIRECTED.
STRAIN OFF BOILED WORT INTO FERMENTOR via your methods you would normally use top up to 23 ltrs and pitch yeast at the correct temp.
ferment as usual and rack off top secondary until cleared (you can dry hop with northern brewer hops if you desire .leave for 1 week under air lock at rimary temp the refridgerate for one week .bulk prime and bottel or keg .

ok never made it but as it is an old ale i am sure you could do some fine tuning

I would be most interested in the boddingtons, adnams, and some good IPA, ESB, and a few porter recipes. I am hoping to get this for my b'day in march, so i want a few test recipes first :) . My wife is about a week away from popping out our 1st child, so cash ( and brewing time :) ) is a little scarce at the moment, so i cant buy it just yet.

Any help would be much appreciated fella's, but dont go to too much trouble :) .

Cheers and Happy brewing!!

mje1980 said:
I would be most interested in the boddingtons, adnams, and some good IPA, ESB, and a few porter recipes. I am hoping to get this for my b'day in march, so i want a few test recipes first :) . My wife is about a week away from popping out our 1st child, so cash ( and brewing time :) ) is a little scarce at the moment, so i cant buy it just yet.

Any help would be much appreciated fella's, but dont go to too much trouble :) .

Cheers and Happy brewing!!
[post="88472"][/post]​

click on my link!!
it has boddingtons, adnams, a shitload of others. heaps of recipes from obscure english micros like burton bridge, oakham, crouch vale etc

Back