Brew Stands

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooter_59

Reaction score
Hi All ,
I was trawling the web for ideas on brew stands and came across the original builder of the Brutus 10 . His name is Lonnie Mac and by accident I found his other site Link www.alenuts.com/ I was wondering if anyone has tried his method of using HLT/BK in conjuction with the Mash Tun . Basically using the sparge water in the HLT/BK and mixing the two of them together , ie sparge the mash with the HLT so the wort is recirculated back into the HLT and mixing the both together , thus ending up with the wort back into the HLT and then using it as the BK . I hope it makes sense . If not just go to the link . :unsure:

Cheers
Leachim

I did pump my batch from the kettle back into the mash tun at the end of a boil once after a few too many beers and a couple of taps set wrong if that counts.

But seriously the link doesn't seem to work and would be keen to check it out. Currently looking at options for my 3v to set up for fly sparging. Currently have only one march pump and a series of valves so can run from one tank only then into any of the 3. No good for fly when want to come out of HLT and MT at same time.

Thanks Cocko I just went to try and fix the link and it wouldn't let me do it . I must have Fcuked up somewhere along the line .

Cheers
Leachim

Yeah Darren he does use two pumps . That is the draw back for me , for I only have one pump .My set up was originally a 3V gravity and then I purchased a pump and cut the top tier off . I am looking at re-inventing my stand to look like Yardy's which is a two tier stand . But when I am flush with money again ( Tax Return ) I may buy another pump and look at the two pot system .

Cheers
Leachim

Latest posts

Back