Brew Stand Help

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bignath

"Grains don't grow up to be chips, son"
Reaction score
Hi all,

my old man is a metal fabricator, and is offering to build me a brew stand, single tier as i have hopes of one day getting a pump for fluid transfer. He is offering to build it for me, for the cost of materials, which he has quoted $50 approx. I have the kegs, castor wheels and design for the frame pretty much sorted.

I am going to base my design on something like Franko's Red Rocket, but i use the 3 ring cast iron burner and was wondering if someone has a single tier system with these burners and if so, how did you go about getting the burner in there.. In a perfect world, i would love to throw mongolians or rambo's in it, but cant afford that for a long while.

Cheers,

Nath

Hi all,

my old man is a metal fabricator, and is offering to build me a brew stand, single tier as i have hopes of one day getting a pump for fluid transfer. He is offering to build it for me, for the cost of materials, which he has quoted $50 approx. I have the kegs, castor wheels and design for the frame pretty much sorted.

I am going to base my design on something like Franko's Red Rocket, but i use the 3 ring cast iron burner and was wondering if someone has a single tier system with these burners and if so, how did you go about getting the burner in there.. In a perfect world, i would love to throw mongolians or rambo's in it, but cant afford that for a long while.

Cheers,

Nath

Piece of piss Nath. Get the "Olde Boy" to weld a couple of brackets about 50mm or more lower that the top of the frame to hold the 3 ring burner. That way the ring burner will be at its most effective height away from the bottom of the keg. Search for Sully's rig here has a single tier with a 3 ringer.

Cheers

Chappo

i had the same prob a while back and 1 of the regulars here had some pics of their adjustable burner mounts,of the burner on sqare(miss spell) tube with a nut,bolt welded to it over squre tube that slides inside the mount and allows adjustment to get the correct distance from the kettle base ,so you dont get sooting,try the gallery,i think may be in there......cheers.....spog......
Hi all,

Cheers,

Nath

Latest posts

Back