Brew Stand - Bm

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wimmig

Reaction score
I've been using a very cheap (very, very, cheap) table for brewing with my BM. Being short of space & storage, i don't have the ability to store a rigid table or stand at the moment for brewing with. The outdoor table i don't trust brewing on, and the BM on it's own is too low to work with.

I've been seeing a bit of bowing on the table when loaded with a full bm, and after seeing how it's made of honeycomb cardboard i've been worried each time i do a batch. I've been looking around for a folding work table or bench, and have seen some things around. Something with the most promise seems to be something like this. Though, it costs a bit. The other concern would be radiated heat with it and melting.

Bar something like a small strut table, does anybody else have a suggestion for an off-the-shelf product or something they use at the moment which i could easily replicate?

I use an aluminium working platform i got from bunnings for around $40. it does a great job and holding my urn and its just high enough so i can get a cube under the tap.

something like this

I use a very basic wooden chair which I grabbed from one of the neighbours during hard rubbish day.

It fits the BM perfectly, holds it's weight when full and is sturdy. To complement it I use a kids gardening tool (like a bend fork thingy) underneath the back leg to adjust the angle the BM stands on. I rest the handle of the fork against the back of the chair and adjust it until the spirit level tells me that it's completely level.

Does everything I want from a brew stand and as a bonus it doubles as a chair when not brewing.

The 20L fits on a milk crate (just, making sure the legs are resting evenly) so I've been using that until I figure out something more permanent.

Yeah I know - $2500 machine on a free milk crate.

You can usually pick up a blow bi-bold table for $40-$60. Can set it up in less than a minute and use it for all your tasks on brew day then pack down in less than a minunte.

May be too expensive??? don't know your spending limit.

You can usually pick up a blow bi-bold table for $40-$60. Can set it up in less than a minute and use it for all your tasks on brew day then pack down in less than a minunte.

May be too expensive??? don't know your spending limit.

A Bi table leans both ways...

I have a 50L BM and like to be able to stand on top of the table to withdraw the malt pipe - thus it has to be a very sturdy table. I'm guessing you have a 20L BM and doesn't need to be as sturdy?
Bunnies have a range of shelving options that go together like legos and seems rather sturdy.

This stuff perhaps? http://www.bunnings.com.au/products_produc...b_P2760220.aspx

The 20L fits on a milk crate (just, making sure the legs are resting evenly) so I've been using that until I figure out something more permanent.

Yeah I know - $2500 machine on a free milk crate.

It is a widely recognised fact that milk crates make beer better. It has to be a black one though.

Only ordinary batch I ever made was produced without the help of my trusty black crates.

Keep a watch on ebay for a stainless bench, I scored this one for $100.00 and cut the legs to suit.

I still have a few things to add, wheels, my march pump and chiller etc.

Brew day today, brewed my Aussie Pub beer (for the Xmas drop in's) and a Hobgloblin clone.

DSCF2909.JPG

DSCF2907.JPG

This the first time I used my rope pulley system, I used to just lift the malt pipe but I can't do that anymore as some of you know :(

Batz

Is that nice and sturdy? I am thinking of buying one from an ebay mob based in Wetherill Park, but with an extra shelf so I can make an enclosure underneath for electrical gear and plumbing

Is that nice and sturdy? I am thinking of buying one from an ebay mob based in Wetherill Park, but with an extra shelf so I can make an enclosure underneath for electrical gear and plumbing

Very sturdy, it's really well made and reinforced under the bench top. It was from a commercial kitchen so it's not cheap crap.

Back