Brew Pots

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
I was just at a place around the corner from work called Hindustan imports on Greens rd Dandenong, buying some golden rasions for my next brew and I came across these large pots.
Im not really sure if they are a good price, Ive never been in the market for a pot, but I took some photos in case someone is. Only thing is they dont seem to be very deep for their size which may or may not be a problem to use as a brew pot.

IMG_3049.JPG
IMG_3050.JPG
IMG_3051.JPG

Great find. They look like they have a sandwich base and these Pakistani imports are constructed better than some of the other Chinese imported pots that rust and leak.

They look quite good but a bit wide for a kettle and possibly too wide for a mash tun, so probably perfect for a HLT.

Did they have any taller ones which were of similar volumes as that could be interesting to some folks?

There is a 70 liter pot at Craft Brewer for a bit cheaper than what Hindustan import want and it would also be usable as a kettle and mash tun without any concerns. It even comes with a pre-drilled hole but I am sure you can get one without it if that is your preference.
http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=4246

I was just at a place around the corner from work called Hindustan imports on Greens rd Dandenong, buying some golden rasions for my next brew
With a name like that, do they also have fresh coriander seeds?
(It's closer than Clayton where I usually go).

OT but try Vel's Spices in Carrum Downs, they've got everything* - and their take-away is pretty amazing too.

*"Everything" may or may not include potential brew pots that may or may not be good for brewing as far as I know but, **** it, I'll make a thread anyway lol.

They have every spice that you can think of and are a foodservice wholesaler, thus well piced.
I used to frequent that place quite a bit when i was a foodie....smells great!

EDIT: Dried Herbs and spices...not sure about fresh off the plant, been a while since i poped in though

They have every spice that you can think of and are a foodservice wholesaler, thus well piced.
I used to frequent that place quite a bit when i was a foodie....smells great!
Thanks, Goggle maps street-view shows me that I've driven past more than a few times and always thought it was more a wholesale than retail place (seems to have only a small shop front) so never stopped. However it's just next-door to the washer-shop I need to visit, so I'll have to go there too, I love the smell of such shops, even if SWMBO does not let me use the spices in cooking that often. :(

Fairly confident it isn't the right season for fresh seeds locally. You might be pushing the proverbial uphill to find some imports. Even then, dried is the far more common usage, as far as I am aware. Might be fairly hard to source either way.

They do have dried Corinader seeds as I brought some.

Fairly confident it isn't the right season for fresh seeds locally.
Yes, I really mean freshly dried/made/imported, the stuff I have in the cupboard is a few years old, and I suspect supermarket stuff is probably no better.

OT but try Vel's Spices in Carrum Downs, they've got everything* - and their take-away is pretty amazing too.

*"Everything" may or may not include potential brew pots that may or may not be good for brewing as far as I know but, **** it, I'll make a thread anyway lol.

+1 for Vels, they have great Indian take away and lots of those Bollywood dvds if your into that sort of thing.. :p

Hindustans retail section is bigger than it looks from the outside. At least 6 aisles and a huge range. I found a lot of things there Ive never seen anywhere else. Maldive fish, Seeni sambol mix, pandan, never been able to get this anywhere else Ive tried.

Back