Brew Nz

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Just to make you all extremely jealous, I'm off to NZ this arvo for a bucks weekend and Brew New Zealand.
Checkout the BrewNZ website here

Beers,
Doc

BrewNZ.jpg

Soooo jealous mate, although I've managed to turn my upcoming holidays into a beer hunting roadtrip around NSW & VIC

How hard was it to convince the "Buck" to have his show on the same weekend as BrewNZ Doc? :D

Have fun mate.

C&B
TDA

THE DRUNK ARAB said:
How hard was it to convince the "Buck" to have his show on the same weekend as BrewNZ Doc? :D

Have fun mate.

C&B
TDA
[post="68955"][/post]​

It was his idea. He works for one of the Breweries sponsoring it :lol:

Doc

I can just see Doc here ...

Zebos
35 Abel Smith Street, Te Aro,
Phone: 04 3849085
Wholesome Kiwi tucker matched with Tui from Mangatainoka

... yea right !

Damn, I've been in Auckland for work for the last week and a half, with another 5 days to go, and have hardly had a chance to get out and about. I've been to a few micro breweries but not enough. I would love to get to Wellington for the beer show, but it's not possible, bugger.

jaytee said:

Zebos

... yea right !
[post="68966"][/post]​

The TUI billboard that read. "I'm working from home today ..... yeah right" was one of my mates ideas to the promotions department :lol:
The marketing behind Tui is just incredible.

I'll be at the Monteiths bars though :p

Doc

I have the Saturday afternoon at the show, after the kids are home from morning sports.

I'm looking forward to this beer. My mate just emailed me to say they have it on tap at the corporate bar this arvo.

Monteith's Maximising The Malt For BrewNZ
Author: DB

Monteith's is further cementing its reputation as the home of craft beer with its new festive brew Maximalt, created specially for BrewNZ.

The Monteith's brewing team has crafted Monteith's Maximalt to enter in the 'Festive Brew' category at the New Zealand Beer Awards, being held in conjunction with BrewNZ in late July.

The festive brew category this year is focused on the "Magnificence of Malt", so the team wanted to craft a brew with a strong, smooth malty character that was lighter in colour than most malt brews.

Monteith's brewer, Adrian Finlayson, says that the majority of the malts used were local New Zealand varieties Optic and Sherwood, while the traditional malts Maris Otter, Vienna and Amber were imported specially for the brew.

"The hops we used in the brew were local, Nelson-grown hops Green Bullet, as well as the Cascade variety," says Mr Finlayson. "To maximise the smooth malty flavour, we reduced the effect of the hops - but not too much that we lost the hoppy aroma."

"The result is that we've created a 6.5 percent beer with the full malt complexity of the classic 'old-world' beers, in a distinctive tawny-orange colour that reflects its rich malt heritage."

Jacqui Jones, Monteith's Brand Manager says Maximalt will be available in some Monteith's concept bars following BrewNZ.

"We're very happy with the taste and quality of the Maximalt brew, and are confident that consumers who like malty brews will enjoy the Maximalt experience," says Ms Jones.

BrewNZ, the five-day festival celebrating beer is being held in Wellington from 26 - 31 July, with public events commencing on the Thursday. The NZ Beer Award results will be announced on 28 July at a black tie dinner in the Town Hall.

jaytee said:

Zebos

... yea right !
[post="68966"][/post]​

The Little Gringos Pizza outfit that used to operate out of Zebos did a great Pizza back in the day. Tui is basically the NZ equivalent of Carlton Draught or New though... cheap beer marketed to and guzzeled by uni students.

Bring ya brolly Doc.
Slight southerly and pouring atm
Forecast for Friday - rain
Outlook for Saturday - rain clearing - to showers

On the bright side, it's only a coupla degrees cooler than Sydney

It is half the temp of Sydney.
Checked last night and it was saying a max of 13 with a low of 8 for the next few days.
Sydney has been getting up to 25, and hasn't been any colder that about 12 degrees at my place over night.
I've dug out the big leather jacket with additional internal liner, as well as the long johns etc :lol:
After a few MaxiMalts I'll be fine :p
Looking forward to it.

Doc

PS: Is Tiffany's still there (bucks night you know).

Doc said:
It is half the temp of Sydney.
Checked last night and it was saying a max of 13 with a low of 8 for the next few days.
Sydney has been getting up to 25, and hasn't been any colder that about 12 degrees at my place over night.
I've dug out the big leather jacket with additional internal liner, as well as the long johns etc :lol:
After a few MaxiMalts I'll be fine :p
Looking forward to it.

Doc

PS: Is Tiffany's still there (bucks night you know).
[post="68998"][/post]​

You should be warm Doc - if you wear that new hops???? shirt. :lol: :ph34r:

Cheers

I'm here and invincible in my new Monteiths Cap :lol:

Doc

Wow, what an awesome time. Been a while since I went on a three day bender.
I had forgotten what seeing the sun come up looked like when you are just getting home :lol:

Here is a piccy of my mate with the Tui girls from BrewNZ on Friday arvo.
Phil_TuiGirls.jpg

I'm back at work today, and downing the water to flush the system ready for some of my beers tonight :p

Pick of the beers for me were the Emerson IPA, Emerson APA, Speights Chocolate Porter, Cock and Bull Monks Habit, and The Twisted Hop's Challenger (Real Ale).

I was a bit dissappointed with the MaxiMalt. Had a chat to the brewer that brewed it from Monteiths though.

Beers,
Doc

ffwoorr,hubba hubba,hallllllo baby,oops shit the missus just came in the front door!

Back