Brew Like A Monk

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markws

Reaction score
After previous discussions about Farmyard ales and wild brews - who is thinking about purchasing the 'to be released' book - Brew like Monks?

I think after purchasing the Famyard ales - it should be quite a good read....

Any thoughts if it would be cheaper to purchase locally versus direct????

Cheers

MWS

Yep, I'm thinking I'll get it. Especially as I have the other two in the set.
I haven't made up my mind how I'll get it yet. I ordered Wild Brews from Amazon and it arrived all wet and I had to return it. Two days later it was on the shelves in Sydney for the same price.
Maybe we do a bulk order from Amazon and get it priority and share the postage ?

Beers,
Doc

I would be interested in improving the cost -Amazon could be a good starting place - else HB in the US may cut a reasonable deal. All else fails - contacting a book shop and neg a % off the RRP.

MWS

I'd be keen to be in the bulk buy if you guys do end up having one.

I've just done a rough mock up in Excel for shipping from Amazon.

Shipping is based on this calc.
(Highest Applicable Per-Shipment Cost) + (Number of Items x Per-Item Cost) = Total Shipping Fee

Priority International Courier
* 3 to 5 business days
US$24.99 + US$6.99 per book + book.

Expedited International Shipping
* 9 to 15 business days
US$9.99 + US$5.99 per book + book

With that here are the indicative costs that does not include any additional shipping to distribute them further throughout Oz.

Beers,
Doc

BrewLikeAMonkShipping.JPG

Doc,
$32.00 including priority shipment is a damn good price, I think you would pay at least that much from a book store here, maybe more, then add postage AND at least 2 weeks to get it :blink: .
Are you up to organise the bulk uy Doc? If so i am in.

cheers
Andrew

Just finished reading Wild Brews, and it was pretty awesome. I was really pleased with Farmhouse Ales too. I'll definately be purchasing Brew Like a Monk once it is released.

The only problem with these books is that they really make me want to start brewing again!!

I've just started Radical Brewing (Mosher). Looks like a winner too.

ARRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Stop this madness !!!

I'll have one ! :rolleyes:

Batz

AndrewQLD said:
Doc,
$32.00 including priority shipment is a damn good price, I think you would pay at least that much from a book store here, maybe more, then add postage AND at least 2 weeks to get it :blink: .
Are you up to organise the bulk uy Doc? If so i am in.

cheers
Andrew
[post="73976"][/post]​

Yeah I think $32 is a pretty good price especially for 3-5 days delivery.
I think we'd want to keep each order low so as not to attract customs, and also to minimise the cost to us (ie. do an order per state so we don't have to pay additional postage. We can just pickup from a central person in each state).

Sound like a plan ?

Beers,
Doc

markws said:
After previous discussions about Farmyard ales and wild brews - who is thinking about purchasing the 'to be released' book - Brew like Monks?
[post="73921"][/post]​
Can we get one personally autographed by the Monk?

Doc,

I agree about the comments to localise the bulk buying to each state as a rule of thumb for the reasons mentioned....I have not contacted groups such as borders or even the US Brewers Association to see if they can offer any thing.

Cheers

MWS

This site is great! and i don't get flamed for shopping around :)

I'll go a Monk Book!

Where did you get the Farmhouse one?

tangent said:
Where did you get the Farmhouse one?
[post="74133"][/post]​

I got mine from Amazon.
I got the Wild Brews one from Kinokoniya (sp?) in Sydney.

Beers,
Doc

welcome to the ahb board tangent and you should go to the introduce yourself thread as we will love to see your posts on here as we do on grumpys

is this the same tangent who had a huge dummy spit on grumpys never to post again. :D
good to see you back posting again tangent but on a better site. :)
hope my comment doesnt put you off. :party:

cheers
big d

hey thanks Jaz
we've been posting for a few years now, I remember when we were both just starting out

hey bigD
went back to grumps after about 18months
and it still pissed me off pretty quickly

Just looking at the store over at the American Hombrewers Association and see that they have an offer of all three books in the series for a pretty good price.
The also have the new Brew like a Monk avail from 1 Oct rather that 25 Oct on Amazon. Hmmmmmmmm

Beers,
Doc

if you import a few Doc, let me know
especially the monk

Back