Brew Goliath

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snow

Beer me up, Scotty!
Reaction score
Just to let you know, ex-"Grumpy" Dave is continuing his practice of top customer service in his new HBS "Brew Goliath". I couldn't find anywhere that was stocking Chinook hops, so I sent a few e-mails around the country to different HBS. Dave was the only one who responded and said he had some for me and would post them the next day to Brisbane for me. $5 for the hops and $1 postage. He even said I could pay him for them in another order at a later date! (I paid him anyway) Now that's what I call service!

- Snow

Likewise I emailed him about the Belgian grains he had listed on his forum. He responded saying they haven't arrived yet, but would still let me know when they would.
He will also ship to me in Sydney.

Beers,
Doc

Can you post his website link, I had it, but forgot to save it in my favourites.
I have searched to no avail.
I think I got it from a deleted thread on the Grumpy's site!!!!
Anyway, Cheers and more beers! B)

Looks like your post has thrown them all in a tizz over at grumpys, snow.

What's happening with the Grumpy's site it use to be really good until a month ago, they've started deleting threads and the people on there are gremlinphobic!
:eek:

I guess they are not particularly impressed that "their" board (used to advertise their store) is being used to mention and recommend other competing HBS. You can't blame them on that. They are running a business guys, therefore they need people to buy stuff off them. The discussion board has worked really well for them, that's where I got started, but you have to respect the fact that it's a private board for a business. I'm not surprised that they are deleting lots of stuff promoting other stores or posts asking where Dave is etc. etc. That's why this board rocks-post/recommend what you want. There isn't a financial interest at stake.

I saw snows post and thought to myself "Hmmm, I give that about 10 mins before it's deleted" and it was.

oh well, at least it got 10 minutes of fame!

They've certainly changed their approach from several months ago when there was a long-running post in their forum discussing the virtues and foibles of other brew shops. They (I think it was Grumpy Dave) encouraged it as a healthy discussion of the development of good customer service in the homebrewshop industry. Grumpys were comfortable with this discussion because they were setting the benchmark in customer service. I can't comment on whether this has changed since dave left, but they're obviously sensitive about supporting these discussions in their phorum. but, as you say, Justin - I can't blame them!

- Snow.

bugger i missed those post i still remeber the last biffo i had with them and they deleted all my post even the good ones to help new brewers aghh well i just have another beer

Can't blame them deleting posts, but why does Andrew get so dinkum about it? Just delete the posts and say something diplomatic or nothing at all.

The biffo Jazman talks about started when Jovial Monk rubbished the idea of racking beer while it's still fermenting. Andrew came on with some choice words telling JM (another ex-employee) to piss off, much the same as his post the other day. Jaz supported JM and got in the shit too.

Andrew later changed his mind about racking at half gravity. <_<

Always interesting sitting back on the side lines watching

Even although I may or may not totally agree with everthing said

Phew ! I hope that keeps me clean :unsure: :blink: :ph34r:

Dunno myself not really getting into it. Agree with Justin, if it were my shop I would be deleting posts, they popped up just after Dave left and were there for a while I guess now they just want to move on.

Just hope that the board stays as good as it has been for me in the past :unsure:

The trouble is a lot of good threads are getting junked in the process. There is a high degree of sensitivity, clearly, but Grump's have a huge head start on any competition - provided they don't alienate their constituency - time to be a little more mellow and a lot less Grumpy?

BTW, Deebee, I didn't know JM was a former Grumpy (b4 my time) - just adds to the soap opera element of it all. Maybe Adelaide is just a big(ish) country town after all?

Might be wrong there. Something like that anyway.

Probably said too much as usual. (Post-pub post...)

Like everyone, learned lots off the grumps. Nuff said by me.

:( :(
ive missed it all
maybe i should post a negative and time the response ;)

big :ph34r: d

"Andrew came on with some choice words telling JM (another ex-employee) to piss off"

Nope, never was an employee there, just a customer

hehheeh I told someone their packs had a lot of sugar and Andy saw red :)

Jovial Monk

Morning all,
I think most of us at some time have left a job or have seen someone leave and along with them goes some skills, expertise, and customer relationships.
This tends to create at times, anamosity toward that person and of course vica verca.
I'm sure that in time things will settle down as each finds their level and achieves their anticipated goals.

As far as the Grumpys board is concerned I am of the opinion that they should re-format it along the lines of this one and Goliaths so that you actually need to be a registered user to post on it.
This, I feel, would give them the control that they would need to block the sending of unwanted posts and to eliminate users who seem to be intent on disruption of brewing subjects.

When you are in business you will never please all of the people all of the time, no matter how hard you try, but because a percentage of sales at Grumpys come from their forum, I feel that they should be entitled to delete posts that would be promoting other businesses and at the same time be aware that constructive critism is healthy in improving performance.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back