Brew Gear In Bali

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish13

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm off to Bali next week and wondering about beer related items.

mainly taps no handles. And maybe drip trays and beer matts is want i am chasing

any one found anything overe there?

and don't stop at one of any of the above :)

Don't know how much manufacturing would be done in Bali :(

I can't remember ever having a draft beer poured for me in Bali.

That probably says something about buying taps there.

I bought a two litre oxygen tank and reg from ace hardware for about 50 in August.

Just make sure you remove the reg and fitting from the bottle and declare it a security and at the booking desk at the airport. The only other things I've bought there are thermometers, digital type for quick readings of cooled wort/ starters. 3 bucks.

Get the storm stout, it's good. Better with a massage.

Ciaron

Storm anything is pretty decent. But as Nick said, I never saw a draught anything over there, it's all bottled, so taps would be rare...

Storm anything is pretty decent. But as Nick said, I never saw a draught anything over there, it's all bottled, so taps would be rare...

Yeah the storm stout side by side with a Guinness extra really makes it clear how nice the storm is. Good luck finding it.I have seen taps of Heineken in Rumors restaurant in seminyak and the stadium sports bar in Kuta has Bintang. Its not worth a special trip. not even slightly

Last time I was in Bali was September 11, 2001. Walked past the Sari Club and into a warung to watch the towers footage. Remember thinking, "I'm a long way from that here.".

Oh.

I was in London - not quite thinking the same thing - but felt very close being in London again on July 7 2005...

I reckon Bali Hai is better than Bintang. Just thought I'd put that out there.

Yep, I'd agree, Bali Hai over Bintang. Slightly hoppier. Still, both beers are pretty good examples of the style. Work well in the climate...

Jeez I don't remember much of Bali...Bintangs, Cocktails at The Bounty and singing with ladyboys at a karaoke bar (I think it was)...good times :lol:

Back