• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Brew Gear for sale: Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoffd

Reaction score
I have 4 lots of stuff.
not looking to break it up any smaller at the moment.

Lot 1
AG Set up complete,
36L boiler 20L mash tun
full details on request, too much to list here estimated value $2400 selling for $1700
Do not ask for details unless you are interested in the whole lot.

Lot 2
Brewfridge & Timber Shed with colourbond roof $1500
shed is ideal for storing brewfridge & brewgear

2 sockets fitted, sisolation in roof to reflect heat in summer, shelves on one side, space for brewfridge on the other, has its own floor, has always been placed on pallets so foundation has never been sitting in rain puddles. in excellent condition, was painted to protect, not one board has warped in it, easy to dissassemble.

Lot 3
Kegerator 2 tap + 1 keg + fittings + gas cylinder + pluto gun
This has only been used once (half a keg), as good as new & with the convenience of being plumbed up. RRP $1082 at G&G - $850 wanted
I have a second keg, but it is in the possession of a friend down the end of mornington peninsula

Lot 4
I built a man sink for the shed (only used for a dozen brews), materials cost me circa $500 looking for $400
was a brand new double sink, new mixer tap with veggie sprayer, 25 meters of hot & cold high pressure hose, fittings, valves taps, line clips, pipe cutters. Unit has been built higher than a normal sink as I dont like killing myself reaching into a low sink. can be plumbed to a drain for waste water or use wheelie bins. 25m hoses are so you can plumb from your laundry or wherever for water supply if you dont have that in your location.

I will post a few pics shortly.

Sink Unit

006.JPGbrewshed 001.JPG003.JPG

I ran into FJ yesterday and he is still looking to move this lot.

Anyone interested in any of the items from any of the lots, add your name to the list in the appropriate lot. If we can get enough interest in a lot we can split amongst ourselves as splitting individual things will be a pain for FJ. He's abandoned brewing due to health issues so as a brewing community, hopefully we can help him offload this stuff.

FJ if you read this - can you provide details of the AG setup (lot 1) that can help us split between interested parties. Please no-one send PMs to FJ for individual items - express interest in being part of a group buy by copying the list and adding your name.

I am presuming pick up only, inner city West (VIC, Melbourne)

Lot 1

AG Set up complete,
36L boiler 20L mash tun

Lot 2

2 sockets fitted, sisolation in roof to reflect heat in summer, shelves on one side, space for brewfridge on the other, has its own floor, has always been placed on pallets so foundation has never been sitting in rain puddles. in excellent condition, was painted to protect, not one board has warped in it, easy to dissassemble.

Lot 3

This has only been used once (half a keg), as good as new & with the convenience of being plumbed up. RRP $1082 at G&G - $850 wanted
I have a second keg, but it is in the possession of a friend down the end of mornington peninsula

Lot 4

brand new double sink, new mixer tap with veggie sprayer, 25 meters of hot & cold high pressure hose, fittings, valves taps, line clips, pipe cutters.

I am half tempted by the kegerator set-up.
I know absolutely NOTHING about kegs/taps etc etc. Is this everything that is required for kegging/serving beer?

I assume that the keg(s) and cylinder are all legit stock?

Hi Surly, it is all legit gear, the second keg is sold

Fergthebrewer helped me set it up so its ready to go, complete system, holds 3 kegs & can pour 2 at once
has gas line splitter & non return safety valve fitted & all the connections to run 2 kegs at once

the gear has only had 1/2 a keg through it, the cylinder is also only owned by me & is legally owned not a knock off.
pluto gun has all connection fittings & beer line and has never been used.

You're welcome to come & inspect

------------------------

Thanks for the bump Manticle, appreciate the help, i've been a bit slack at trying to move the gear. I will pull up the list of stuff

Thanks FJ,

I am tossing up about the expenditure currently, just had to pay rego and insurance excess this month so am a bit money-shy.
If someone else comes along and is interested while I dither, go for it.
Saw one of these for the first time recently and thought it was a great device.

Will need to do some research and financial calculations and will get back to you.
Good luck with the rest of your sale.

NO Photos, I will be all bloody day taking picture to show all this lot.

[SIZE=medium]Winter Brew Box, thermostat & head pad[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Grain Mill, Barley Crusher with large 7lb hopper (very lightly used as G&G used to do my crushing) also easy to put drill on to operate[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Bottle Drying Rack & S/s Drip tray[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]20L fermenter with stick on thermometer[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]28L fermenter with stick on thermometer[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]30L fermenter with stick on thermometer[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]5L glass demijohn with stick on thermometer[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]6 Wheelie Tubs full of bottles + more bottles (total circa 300)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]20L: HLT pail, lagging jacket & tap[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]20L lauter tun, lagging jacket, tap, false bottom[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]4 ring burner, regulator, swap & go gas cylinder[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]20L s/s mash tun (6mm base - alu diffuser sandwiched)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]36L s/s boiler, welded outlet, s/s pick up, s/s valve, tail also similar base to 20L pot[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]0.00-200.00 hop scales[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Refractometer[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Hydrometer[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Ph Meter + calibrating solutions[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Rotating sparge arm[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Hand held element 2200w, thermostat & timer plug[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Box of brewing salts (opened 1kg bags) + storage box[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Dextrose 8.5 x 1kg bags[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]s/s air stone & aeration pump[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Immersion Chiller & hoses[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Lever caper (free held) does all bottle sizes without adjusting, better than the bench capper & quicker[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]3 x 1kg LDME[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Various chemicals, fittings, bungs, seals, starter bottles, other pieces of equipment, [/SIZE]

Sorry Manticle, the cut & paste lost the formatting

I also have a unit of kitchen presses/work bench, you can see it partially in the picture of the sink above. I sanded it down revarnished & replaced a lot of the laminate edging.

Lot 1

AG Set up complete:
$1700 the lot (estimated value $2400)

Winter Brew Box thermostat & head pad
[SIZE=medium]Grain Mill: Barley Crusher with large 7lb hopper[/SIZE] : Manticle
[SIZE=medium]Bottle Drying Rack & S/s Drip tray[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]20L fermenter with stick on thermometer[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]28L fermenter with stick on thermometer[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]30L fermenter with stick on thermometer[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]5L glass demijohn with stick on thermometer[/SIZE] : Manticle
[SIZE=medium]6 Wheelie Tubs full of bottles + more bottles (total circa 300)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]20L: HLT pail, lagging jacket & tap[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]20L lauter tun, lagging jacket, tap, false bottom[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]4 ring burner, regulator, swap & go gas cylinder[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]20L s/s mash tun (6mm base - alu diffuser sandwiched)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]36L s/s boiler, welded outlet, s/s pick up, s/s valve, tail also similar base to 20L pot[/SIZE] : manticle
[SIZE=medium]0.00-200.00 hop scales[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Refractometer[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Hydrometer[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Ph Meter + calibrating solutions[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Rotating sparge arm[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Hand held element 2200w: Manticle[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]thermostat & timer plug[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Box of brewing salts (opened 1kg bags) + storage box[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Dextrose 8.5 x 1kg bags[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]s/s air stone & aeration pump[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Immersion Chiller & hoses[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Lever caper (free held) does all bottle sizes without adjusting, better than the bench capper & quicker[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]3 x 1kg LDME[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Various chemicals, fittings, bungs, seals, starter bottles, other pieces of equipment[/SIZE]

Lot 2

Lot 3

Lot 4

brand new double sink, new mixer tap with veggie sprayer, 25 meters of hot & cold high pressure hose, fittings, valves taps, line clips, pipe cutters.

Lot 1

AG Set up complete:

Grain Mill: Barley Crusher with large 7lb hopper : Manticle
Bottle Drying Rack & S/s Drip tray
20L fermenter with stick on thermometer
28L fermenter with stick on thermometer 30L fermenter with stick on thermometer
5L glass demijohn with stick on thermometer : Manticle
6 Wheelie Tubs full of bottles + more bottles (total circa 300)
20L: HLT pail, lagging jacket & tap
20L lauter tun, lagging jacket, tap, false bottom
4 ring burner, regulator, swap & go gas cylinder
20L s/s mash tun (6mm base - alu diffuser sandwiched)
36L s/s boiler, welded outlet, s/s pick up, s/s valve, tail also similar base to 20L pot : manticle
0.00-200.00 hop scales
Refractometer
Hydrometer
Ph Meter + calibrating solutions
Rotating sparge arm
Hand held element 2200w: Manticle
thermostat & timer plug
Box of brewing salts (opened 1kg bags) + storage box
Dextrose 8.5 x 1kg bags
s/s air stone & aeration pump
Immersion Chiller & hoses - Philmud
Lever caper (free held) does all bottle sizes without adjusting, better than the bench capper & quicker
3 x 1kg LDME
Various chemicals, fittings, bungs, seals, starter bottles, other pieces of equipment

Lot 2

Lot 3

Lot 4

Just a question Manticle, how do we work out how much each item is? Based on the "lot" price and the list of gear, I've jumped on the immersion chiller as it should be a bargain, but not entirely sure as I don't know what the end price will be.

I was originally thinking we might hopefully be able to work out what is fair amongst ourselves but I may actually go round to Father Jack's place and work out a decent estimate/breakdown and I'll post it here.

Just trying to make it easier on a guy who has had to stop brewing despite being a very good brewer and not ready to give up the game. At this point, if you put your name down, you are part of a collective interested in a split - name down without an individual price can't be expected to be a committed buyer just yet.

Might be a slightly lengthy process but the gear has been for sale and not moved for a while.

Hope that makes sense - open to other suggestions.

Lot 1

AG Set up complete:

Grain Mill: Barley Crusher with large 7lb hopper : Manticle
Bottle Drying Rack & S/s Drip tray
20L fermenter with stick on thermometer
28L fermenter with stick on thermometer 30L fermenter with stick on thermometer
5L glass demijohn with stick on thermometer : Manticle
6 Wheelie Tubs full of bottles + more bottles (total circa 300)
20L: HLT pail, lagging jacket & tap
20L lauter tun, lagging jacket, tap, false bottom
4 ring burner, regulator, swap & go gas cylinder (Yob)
20L s/s mash tun (6mm base - alu diffuser sandwiched)
36L s/s boiler, welded outlet, s/s pick up, s/s valve, tail also similar base to 20L pot : manticle
0.00-200.00 hop scales
Refractometer
Hydrometer
Ph Meter + calibrating solutions
Rotating sparge arm
Hand held element 2200w: Manticle
thermostat & timer plug
Box of brewing salts (opened 1kg bags) + storage box
Dextrose 8.5 x 1kg bags
s/s air stone & aeration pump (Yob)
Immersion Chiller & hoses - Philmud
Lever caper (free held) does all bottle sizes without adjusting, better than the bench capper & quicker
3 x 1kg LDME
Various chemicals, fittings, bungs, seals, starter bottles, other pieces of equipment

Lot 2

Lot 3

Lot 4

Absolutely - I suspect however it's worked out will be reasonable. Perhaps an option may be to estimate what each item was worth new (therefore the total "new" cost) and ascribe the relevant % of the lot price to each item. Unless that's too complicated, just a suggestion. Good on you for helping FJ move this stuff, I have a feeling he's not far from where I live (inner west) so if I can help in any way, sing out.

Latest posts

Back