Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating:

1. We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.
    Dismiss Notice

Brew enhancer and fresh wort kits.

Discussion in 'Kits & Extracts' started by Cam82, 9/5/19.

1. Cam82

Posted 9/5/19
    Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has added any brew enhancers to fresh wort kits with any great benefit?

2. Fermunter

Posted 12/5/19
    I've had good results with FWKs and 1kg brew enhancers (coopers #2) to make up to 28.5 or 29 litres. You get a bit more value out of your FWK by stretching it out. I moved on to 1kg dry malt & now I use a can of extra pale malt instead. That's my best result for Pale Ales & IPAs.

3. TheBigD

Posted 17/5/19
    All grain brewers often add dry/liquid malt or adjuncts if they don't hit there efficiencies so if you want a little extra kick it wont be a problem

4. onemorecell

Posted 17/5/19
    You're going to get a much better result adding more malt extract (dry or liquid) than you are just adding sugar.
    Nothing wrong at all with doing it.
    You might also want to add in some extra hops, steeped or as a dry hop, to adjust. Up to you..