Brew Demo Help

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonk

Reaction score
Hi All,

i'm just after some pointers/help/ideas on doing a small brew demo. probably be about 5 or so people.

i was going to keep it simple and make an apa or perhaps an aussie pale ale.

however, should i print out the chart/diagram thats on here? recipes hand outs? :unsure:

any help on what would make it informative and helpful to the other brewers would be most welcomed. (aside from having some home brew to sample and a bbq)

thanks

Hi Bonk,
Brew demos are fun, is it for brewers, or just a bunch of mates who don't brew?
Are you talking AG or extract? Give us a bit more info if you can.

Cheers
Andrew

opps, sorry. it will be an AG demo. there are about 5 people doing kits (with some doing bits) that just want to see the whole process and possibly start moving towards AG brewing

Keep it simple, go with the important things. What you teach them will lay down ground rules for their brewing knowledge.

Don't go into huge amounts of detail.

They can all get howtobrew.com on line, so if you want to do notes, go with a basic outline on one page:

Recipe
crushing
mashing
sparging
boiling
cooling
aerating
pitching the yeast

maybe a few lines on each.

Make sure you have all your kit ready and laid out. Everything crushed and weighed out. Keep your day simple so you can concentrate on brewing and teaching. Someone else can pour the drinks and run the BBQ.

bonk said:
opps, sorry. it will be an AG demo. there are about 5 people doing kits (with some doing bits) that just want to see the whole process and possibly start moving towards AG brewing
[post="72291"][/post]​

Ok Bonk since their already kit brewers the main thing to concentrate on is the AG equipement and procedure.
1. If you have a mill, crush your grains in front of them ( the aroma of fresh grain will get them in to start)
2. Have your gear all setup
3. have your water already heating to save time
4. Simple recipe but with a big flavour/aroma impact APA is great
5. Recipe sheets on hand for the interested (their first AG will be easier doing the recipe they have seen already)
6. Let them smell, touch and taste everything, grains, mash, wort, hops ect :rolleyes:
7. have a BIG supply of your best on tap :beer:
8. plenty of nibblies.

And then Just enjoy yourself, I did a brewday with about 4 non brewers and they were fascinated by the procedure, the aromas ect, day started atb 11.30 am and finished at 10.00pm :huh: . Great day.

Have Fun

Andrew

thanks POL and Andrew, thats sort of what i was thinking.

as for the mill, i might wait for the drill adaptor, milling grain by hand is thirsty hard work :)

Latest posts

Back