Brew Day/get Together Inverleigh Vic

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulp

Reaction score
One of the Queensland brewerhood (jayandcath) is coming to Bulps place on the 12th September and wanted to put on a brewday/get together for the poor lost soul from nth of the border, so its an open invite Werribee brew crew, Ballarat lads, Geelong mashers anyone who's interested :icon_chickcheers: . Nothing in the way of public transport out here so if you got a swag and want to camp out thats fine. Heated shed and some tasty beer (hopefully ) We'll work something out on the food front also. Those who know Jay know he hates a drink but im sure we'll find something to keep him interested .

Any interest brewers ?

I have written it on the calender in pencil. Will hopefully upgrade that to ink pen tonight.

If I get my maiden AG done prior to the 12th, I could bring my 'rig' along for the day as well?

Might see if I can get a keg ready for then as well.

sounds great bulp , im in .. keep us informed as to how/what your going to do on the day and if you need any brewing gear..

Awesome, sounds like we've got some interest. I'll definately have something on tap :beerbang: Couple of rigs going at once, i like the sound of that Wakkatoo. I reckon a good time to kick off some brewing would be about 10;00 ish don't want it too early or too late, The refrac gets a bit blurry in the late arvo :icon_drunk: .

Whaddayusereckon ?

Sounds great...it would be nice to meet some guys from other brew clubs.

I'll start a list Blokes, Should have on in kegs Screwy's IRA, Something Belgiany, American brown and maybe a weizenbock or a Hefe

Jayandcath
Bulp
Wakatoo
Barramundi
Hogshead
Mr Tyreman

Anything more happening here? I have the go-ahead from the boss to come down, although not with my gear as I'm not going to get the chance to pop its cherry till probably late sept early oct now

Yeah WAkatoo its still happening mate, been brewing like a mad man the last 3-4 weeks so i've got a Scottish 80 shilling, Irish red ale, American Brown and a LCBA clone for use to try. :party: . Just talking to Jay today about it should be a good day, how do use feel about a BBQ for lunch any suggestions ?

Does a 10:00 start suit you blokes, not sure what to brew yet have been thinking of having a crack at a Wee heavy , and Jay i'm still working on that Fosters Light ice lowcarb radler clone just for you mate :p .

Might be able to make some snags/bratwursts if I get time for the BBQ.

Might be able to make some snags/bratwursts if I get time for the BBQ.

Sounds good BK, my Bro in law makes some kickass snags aswell so i might hit him up too only problem is he's a pom and i've been avoiding him like the plague the last two days . BBQ it is

excellent. Gonna be bringing commercial beer myself as I'm all out of hb atm :( - any requests?
Let me know if there is anything else...

Anything more happening here? I have the go-ahead from the boss to come down, although not with my gear as I'm not going to get the chance to pop its cherry till probably late sept early oct now

Wakkatoo, were you a Virgin yourself for a long time? Its taking soooo long to pop this AG Cherry of yours.. :lol: Ive been waiting in anticipation for so long now... :unsure:

Gonna be bringing commercial beer myself as I'm all out of hb atm
What??? :eek: No HomeBrew at all?? What is going on? You are a Teacher arent you? If so, plenty of time for brewing mate.. ;)

CB

When I saw that you had made a comment CB, I knew what you'd be saying <_< ;)

Wakkatoo, were you a Virgin yourself for a long time? Its taking soooo long to pop this AG Cherry of yours..
Fortunately not :lol: . Mind you, there is a fair amount of frustration atm (brewing frustration, not the other one!!)

What??? No HomeBrew at all?? What is going on? You are a Teacher arent you? If so, plenty of time for brewing mate..

grrrrrr...! I wish I had the time. Its looking good for a sept hols move-in to the new house so gonna wait till then - if you saw the amount of space I currently have, you'd understand :huh:

Does a 10:00 start suit you blokes, not sure what to brew yet have been thinking of having a crack at a Wee heavy , and Jay i'm still working on that Fosters Light ice lowcarb radler clone just for you mate :p .

Oh bewdy mate, only thing better than mega-swill shit is a clone of mega-swill shit (with a twist of infection).
Christ if its going to be a formal gathering I might even throw the false teeth in and wear my good thongs.
Do you still have that rule about stroking your ferret in the bar???????

Jay

Alright fellas its two weeks away, all the beers been made and the sheds ready , can i get a confirmation of numbers so i can get some meat organized . I ll get some home made snags mmmmm meat, if use want any other parts of animals you'll have to bring it. It'd be good if someone can bring some salad or nibbles or whatever. Looking forward to it :party:

Cheers
Brett :beer:

still hoping to get there brett , however im due to start on the shell refinery shutdown sometime soon , was supposed to be monday but its been shuffled back to later next week so i may be working the saturday of the brew do , will let ya know as the day draws closer, hopefully i can be there

Back