Brew Crew - Werribee End Of Town

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thought id give this a post again and see if theres any mid year interest in a get together some time soon . looks like we have a volunteer for a brew gathering in williamstown some time soon also ..

depending on all sorts of factors, I might even make the drive. Do need to go to G&G at some stage.

A VERY iffy maybe tho!

looks like we have a volunteer for a brew gathering in williamstown some time soon also ..

It's getting pretty close! Just received my nice new silicon hose from Ross and I've welded up frames to hold the MLT and kettle. Just need to rig up a shelf for the burner and a frame for the sink, fire it all up with some napisan to clean it, and have a general tidy up...

How does a week Sat (25th July) sound?!

EDIT - I should point out that I won't actually have any homebrew available for drinking yet :eek: but I've got empty taps if anyone is keen to bring some of theirs :lol:

im in , hopefully others can come along too given the short notice ..

but polar its on a train line LOL... theres always next time mate ,

It's getting pretty close! Just received my nice new silicon hose from Ross and I've welded up frames to hold the MLT and kettle. Just need to rig up a shelf for the burner and a frame for the sink, fire it all up with some napisan to clean it, and have a general tidy up...

How does a week Sat (25th July) sound?!

EDIT - I should point out that I won't actually have any homebrew available for drinking yet :eek: but I've got empty taps if anyone is keen to bring some of theirs :lol:

Hi WG,
I just organised a shift swap for the day so if this goes ahead I will be able to make it.

cheers
johnno

ive got a keg that could use some emptying , let me know if you need anything wortgames, drop me a pm and ill drop the keg off during the week if ya like

ive got a keg that could use some emptying , let me know if you need anything wortgames, drop me a pm and ill drop the keg off during the week if ya like

Are you seriously offering to supply us with beer, even if you can't make it?!

You, sir, are a legend! :super:

It's all looking really good, I'm really happy with how the brew stand has come up. It's built on Dexion pallet racking, with my own fabrication for the actual pot frames (tilting no less!) and burner shelf. I'm dusting the cobwebs off my HLT and MLT, and with a bit of luck I'll get time to convert a keg-type vessel before the weekend so I'll have a dedicated kettle instead of reusing the mash tun.

The only real bugger will be if the pump doesn't fire up after something like 3 years of inactivity, I'll try and run it up tomorrow so keep your fingers crossed.

Otherwise I'm giggling like a schoolgirl.

Not sure yet what time I'll kick off, I generally prefer early (hate washing up at midnight with that hop headache bearing down) but I haven't got any ingredients yet so I'll need to do a run to G&G on Sat am.

I've PM'd Johnno, Barra, Wakka and Polar, and if anyone else can make it you're more than welcome. I'm just a short walk from Williamstown Beach station.

Hopefully I'll nip round to G&G when they open at 9, happy to meet there and you can follow me back or hitch a ride if that's easier for anyone.

Obviously you can turn up later in the day if you want B)

thanks wortgames for the brewday on saturday , learnt a few things i didnt know and picked up a few ideas for my brewery re design , bout time some of the guys out werribee way came out of the woodwork for a gathering somewhere ..

thanks again Neil

Sorry I couldn't be there fella's. Glad it went well.

Maybe if you renamed this the 'Point Cook' end of town, more closet Werribee brewers would join in. LOL :ph34r:

the werribee thing is sorta irrelevant really polar , just that initiallyy was something reg and myself thought would be a nice thing to get happenin , kinda like the 'brew triangle' concept that came out of the drink you , brett and mysefl had at docklands a while back , name isnt important , im more wanting to get a social brewing thing goin on in the local area ..

the werribee thing is sorta irrelevant really

Absolutley. I'm sure the invite is open to anyone within cooee of Werribee. eg Geelong, B/Marsh etc. And a good idea it is too.

Just having a dig at Point Cook, "Sanctuary" lakes etc. The towns closest to Werribee, but (in my experience) populated with residents least likely to admit that :)

Sorry i couldn't be there on the weekend blokes, One of the queensland brewerhood is visiting in early September, i'm thinking of organising a get together possibly a brew day. I'll post something soon It'll be at my shed so if anyone wanted to stay and you've got a swag or stretcher your more than welcome more details to come :icon_chickcheers:

thanks wortgames for the brewday on saturday , learnt a few things i didnt know and picked up a few ideas for my brewery re design

No worries Ned, glad you could make it and thanks for the moral support while I got back on the AG horse!

Still forgot the Irish Moss though :rolleyes:

Hopefully next time Johnno will be able to hang around a bit longer too, it was good to catch up with him again.

I'll probably do my next brew on Sat 8th, and maybe make it a regular thing (maybe fortnightly) so if anyone wants to meet up in Williamstown for another cruisy afternoon of beer-related jinks the offer is there, just PM me for details. It would be great to get a regular Brew Crew happening!

I'm also happy to cut the odd hole in a pot or otherwise help out a fellow brewer where I can, so bring your project round and we'll see what we can do.

PS - Barra you left your beanie here. I'm holding it hostage. It will be returned safely when I get to try your Mongolian burner. :p

A belated thanks from me as well.
It was great to catch up with you again WortGames. Great finally meeting Barramundi as well.

Good to see a cool shiny brewrig going through it's paces. Even if I wasn't there too long.

Regular catchups would be good. As much as is possible for everyone that can.

cheers
johnno

Barra you left your beanie here. I'm holding it hostage. It will be returned safely when I get to try your Mongolian burner. :p

no probs WG let me know if your goin ahead with a brew on the 8th and ill bring it over , might even bring my gear along and do a brew aswell , its about time i too got back on the horse ....

Sounds like you could be onto a good thing...8th is a little soon, but if these become a regular event, I can see myself aligning my trips to G&G with your brewdays.

hmmm, holes needed...now you got me thinking WG.

PS, Yes Barra, best to brew your Xmas swap :ph34r: :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back