Brew club in east melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haciluku

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new to beer brewing. Haven't done any brewing yet. Before I start investing the tools/equipment, I would like to join a local brew club, and hope to get some advice and experience about making a start about brewing.

So I would appreciate if someone could advise me about a local club that will accept a novice like me, and willing to show me the rope. And also, it would be good to visit members' brewing places to get an idea of what is involved.

I live in east melbourne, in Box Hill area. I am aware of the Melbourne Brewer Club but not sure if they are too big for me.

Cheers,
Lin

I struggled to find anything in the inner east, so I joined up to the Merri Mashers who are more inner north east, but easy enough for me :)

Haciluku said:
Hello all,
I am new to beer brewing. Haven't done any brewing yet. Before I start investing the tools/equipment, I would like to join a local brew club, and hope to get some advice and experience about making a start about brewing.
So I would appreciate if someone could advise me about a local club that will accept a novice like me, and willing to show me the rope. And also, it would be good to visit members' brewing places to get an idea of what is involved.
I live in east melbourne, in Box Hill area. I am aware of the Melbourne Brewer Club but not sure if they are too big for me.
Cheers,
Lin
Melbourne Brewers aren't too big, close to you and plenty of people who brew on different systems, I'm only in ringwood if you want to chat before committing to anything.

Cheers

Thanks Yob.
Melbourne Brewers is close to me. I will probably go to their next monthly meeting to find out a little more.

Cheers,
Lin

Wort Hogs are Northern suburbs. Our PO box is in Greensborough, but we have members from Epping to Whittlesea, Diamond Creek, Doncaster, Bundoora etc. Our main active members are all around Diamond Creek/South Morang/Whittlesea, so we tend to gather around there, but if more people joined from a slightly wider catchment, we'd change that.

I have been attending the Melbourne Brewers meetings the last couple of meetings and have really enjoyed it. Quite a few other new people there too, so you won't feel out of place at all! Will keep an eye out for you Haciluku.

No worries Idzy.
Just come and say hi to me when you are in the next meeting.
Haciluku = Lin

Go to Melbourne Brewers.. although there is Bayside which is better (bias) as well.. but probs too far for you

Latest posts

Back