Brew Bright?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jameson

Reaction score
I kegged up two brews on Sunday. One was cb fwk and the other was my first biab apa. In my own brew I added brew bright and after some quality control last night this beer is almost crystal clear. But the fwk has along way to go yet. Could you do a mini boil with a fwk and add brew bright? I don't fillter yet and don't see a fillter on the top of my wish list just yet.

maybe just some finings?

You would need to use Polyclar VT while cold conditioning for the FWK.
Just prior to CCing try some gelatin, polyclar works better if the beer is relatively clear to start with.

But yeah Brewbrite is the ducks nuts as far as i am concerned, i have nearly a whole bag of VT that i will prob never use again. 12 days primary, 5 days at 0 - 1 degree, then run through the filter into keg, stupidly bright beer!

Can someone please define the difference between polyclar ( which I have used before ) and this miracle brewbrite which seems a polyclar type?

Cheers.

Brewbrite is awesome. I haven't filtered since I started using it.

Can someone please define the difference between polyclar ( which I have used before ) and this miracle brewbrite which seems a polyclar type?

Cheers.
Brewbrite is a kettle fining, whereas polyclar is a fermenter fining.

Thanks all will give that polyclar a go next time I get a fwk.

I've always used whirfloc tablets as my kettle finings.

Should I be converting to Brewbrite? Is it ant better than whirlfloc?

Did my first brewbrite biab brew on Wednesday (vs whirlfloc)

Wort looks much clearer. Anyone else find that the convection currents seem to take much longer to settle? Ie I kept on seeing plumes of stuff rising and breaking on the surface for 30 mins, whereas with the whirlfloc I really didn't get plumes after 10-20 mins

+2. I use my leftover whirfloc for beers I brew for mates/social gatherings. Brewbrite for my beers.

I'm really not so sure. I bought some Brewbrite (note the spelling) based on the hype here.
Its good, but just the same as when I was using whirlfloc. I was getting excellent clarity anyway.
If there is a negative, it clumps in the kettle for a while.
I did skim read where there was some debate about rehydrating it first. Was that resolved? probably not, but was there a majority consensus?
Should I be rehydrating (or hydrating as may be the case) Brewbrite brfore use? I doesnt say to on the pack.
Interested in comments from those that think it is awesome compared to whirlfloc.

mckenry

I use hot water to make a runny paste and chuck it into the boil. Instant breadcrumb soup.

Brewbrite is the common name, BrewBright is the name the MHB (Newcastle) labels his tubs with. For a while he was the only (AFAIK) source for us but given favourable feedback from brewers at large, other suppliers are now selling.

I use hot water to make a runny paste and chuck it into the boil. Instant breadcrumb soup.

Brewbrite is the common name, BrewBright is the name the MHB (Newcastle) labels his tubs with. For a while he was the only (AFAIK) source for us but given favourable feedback from brewers at large, other suppliers are now selling.

Welcome back mate

I always mix my brewbrite in with water before adding it to the kettle. It wont do its job if it is clumped together.

Make sure it is properly stirred as well.

Kept to his word and made it til march.

Noiceeeee

EDIT: Plus 1 to the mixing with water before adding to kettle. I just chuck a heaped tsp in a bowl with a little leftover water from the HLT, give it a stir, and chuck it in at 10min.

Glory days.

Back