Brew A Beer For Nogne O's Kjetil Jikiun At Special Edition St Kild

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oztapguy

Reaction score
Towards the end of Melbourne's Good Beer Week in May, the St Kilda Taphouse, ANHC and Grain & Grape are running an awesome event just for homebrewers.

The Special Edition Taphouse BrewShare is on Saturday May 19th from 3pm and will see us joined by a VERY Special Guest, Kjetil Jikiun (photo above) from the world-renowned Nogne O. Known as an outstanding homebrewer before he became an outstanding pro brewer, Kjetil will be part of a 'Q & Ale' session before judging the best homebrew brewed especially for the event.

Kjetil has suggested three beer styles so we want you to vote on which one you think it should be! The poll ends Sunday March 4th at midnight. We will announce the final beer style the following day so you can get brewing!

To cast your vote in the poll, click here.

For more info click here.

G'day all!

We're all really excited to be a part of this great event in what is fast becoming Australia's grand celebration of our favourite amber liquid.

Jump onto the website and cast your vote on the style to be brewed, and then get started brewing your prize winner!

Looking forward to seeing you all at the Brewshare!

Andy

And the brew style for the BrewShare is.......................... (drum roll)............................ porter!!

So get brewing for Kjetil and book your place now!

survey.JPG

survey.JPG

Sweet! I voted for Porter.

Will brew next weekend for this. I'll bottle half and the rest goes into a 9L to take on the night.

Trying to work out how to gain approval for a week in Melbourne. Not so much for all of Good Beer Week. Just for this event and then hanging around for SOO on the Wednesday night.

I just bought my ticket. I still don't really get what's included - it should be a fun arvo none the less.

So what's the deal? Are most people taking two brews? A porter and something for the open class?

The grand prize for the Taphouse BrewShare during Good Beer Week is a ticket to the 2012 ANHC! May the best Porter win!

A great afternoon, with some excellent beers, good stories, and laughs.

The wattleseed porter (runner-up) was chock full of flavour for a 3.7% beer. Standout was the open-category saison, better than anything they had on tap downstairs, imho.

Lets hope this gets the ball rolling on resurrecting a regular brewshare in Melbourne.

Back