Brew #2 after a lengthy hiatus

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deep End

Reaction score
Well I bottled my first cider a few days ago, after a lengthy hiatus from home brewing, but I;m back with a vengeance. Picked up 106 bottles today. Bonus was they were full of lovely home brewed amber nectar and a lovely tart cider brewed from the fruit of the orchard from whence I picked up the bottles.

Honestly that cider was/is good, a mixture or tart cider and sweet eating apples, and it leaves a lingering sourness on the palate that I have never tasted in any commercial cider, nice stuff!

Anyway, being the kit and kilo type brewer that I am, and also being a bit of miser I picked up a can of Tooheys Draught for 8 bucks at the local BIG W. Slapped him in the FV with a kilo of coopers brew enhancer 1 and with a few hiccups with the barrel tap it was off and racing. Its sitting here bubbling its tits off whilst I partake in far too many of the 106 bottles I scored today. With a bit of luch and a fair breeze it might turn out half as good as the brew I'm sipping on and I'll be happy.

Starting gravity was arounf 1.036 from memory and should brew down to 1.006 making it around 4.5 on the how ripped am I gunna get scale. Got a few for cans in the kit ready to go soon, to get the stock back up to level, then its beer and spit roast time while the summer lasts.

Anyway, semi drunken dribble over, glad to be back brewing again, ciders, fruit wines, beer, the whole shebang, enjoying it muchly at the moment. Lets hope it lasts.

Welcome, and welcome back to your new obsession. :D

Latest posts

Back