Breaking News

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougsbrew

Beer Sloth
Reaction score
Apparently, sports such as afl and rugby, players have been using drugs and these drugs have been sourced from criminals..
Who would of thought...FFS...isnt it normal for someone with a knee reco or a hamstring injury to be back on feild within a couple weeks. mmm still trying to come to terms with it all.....

Or when a player is injured during a game. Said player goes off the feild to have a needle to stop the pain, player then returns to feild 10 minutes later. This is even discussed by the commentry. At what point did these needles become legal.

Makes sense...Footy players are mostly mental midgets with a god complex and sociopathic tendencies; so career criminals would be their ideal mates.

Ben Cousins was actually using???,well bugger me i thought he was being fitted up,..who would have guessed.
the AFL has a 3 srikes and your out policy,claim that the players are "role models",and refer to drugs as illicit/recreational!.
FFS,where drugs are concerned i was under the impression that they are either legal or illegal.this will bite the AFL on the arse i hope....cheers....spog....

bradsbrew said:
Or when a player is injured during a game. Said player goes off the feild to have a needle to stop the pain, player then returns to feild 10 minutes later. This is even discussed by the commentry. At what point did these needles become legal.
Unfortunately the pain killing needles have always been legal in rugby league.
I remember as a kid when Graeme Langlands blamed a pain killing injection for his poor performance in the 1975 grand final.

I never could understand how these injections weren't classed as performance enhancing drugs.

This is real elephant in the room stuff in a similar vein to Lance Armstrong whimpering his mealy mouthed confession to harpO.

I'd submit anybody naive enough to think that contact sports players of any stripe can back up week after week whilst gaining appreciable amounts of lean body mass to boot without supplementary chemical assistance still believe in Santa. (actually, lets not beat up on Santa, any omnipresent being will do)

And all this bullshit with sports and drugs is precisely why I don't bother following it.
AFL doesn't even count it as a strike when a player self reports he's been using, so I'm led to believe. What sort of anti-drugs policy is that?
All those football codes love to pretend they are totally professional, but they have a helluva long way to go to get even near it, no matter how much they fool themselves.

Even the athletics world body still has its head in the clouds. Why are those obviously chemically induced so called World Records from the 1970s and into the 1980s set by the Iron Curtain countries still allowed to stand? And lets not go down the path of the magic improvement of Chinese swimmers over recent years.

The only thing I watch now is MotoGP, and the Isle of Man TT. Even if those guys are sky high on something, which I don't believe, they lay their body on the line every time they take off.

yes wara that female swimmer.
VD-Swimmer-1994-408x264.jpg

i remember watching tennis one day, was agasi defended his no1 title, he was starting to lose badly in last set, then he had to go to the change room to get hes leg restrapped or something like that. back out on court, he hardly lost a point, had more strength, agility and wound the match up quickly, and was hardly even breaking a sweat as beforehand he was sweating his arse off, very suss. the crowd thought it was a great comeback, bless there naive hearts.

oh and did anyone else here watch the marathon jokovic and nadal game - 6 hours long of physical abuse.
was interesting to see joko pulling food out of his bag and having a munch b4 going on to win.
was thinking to my self, what was in that bar..and their drinks for that matter.

Clearly massive amounts of illegal drugs, now in fun-size bar form.

what im confused about is who did Hirdy have on the inside in order to come forward right before the revelation of the inquiry? Pretty good timing right.

super_simian said:
Makes sense...Footy players are mostly mental midgets with a god complex and sociopathic tendencies; so career criminals would be their ideal mates.
I think it is generalisations such as this that demonstrate exactly who is the mental midget.

And just after Eddie Everywhere was dribbling on about how good the AFL anti drug policy was.

many years ago, we did a pull out of equipment at the MCG after a GF, some of the equipment was n the changerooms and the sink in there was chock full of needles and empty vials of adrenaline...

not sure of the rules etc, but didnt sit as being above board, then again, the made no attempt to conceal it so who knows?

And they look at me like I'm a criminal when I ask for pseudo to treat my sinus for flu/allergies. Basterds. Should've played footy instead of doing something semi-worthwhile.

practicalfool said:
And they look at me like I'm a criminal when I ask for pseudo to treat my sinus for flu/allergies. Basterds. Should've played footy instead of doing something semi-worthwhile.
the were looking at you becoz they were wondering why you needed so many boxes of it..

bradsbrew said:
Painkilling injections are viewed as only getting a player back to the level of performance they were capable of before the injury.

PIEDS are drugs which let you perform above your normal standard through faster recovery, increased training performance or increasing performance on game day.

Cycling for all its history is on track to be the cleanest sport in the world. Blood passports and regular unannounced out of competition testing should be mandatory in all professional sports.

I hope they throw the book at any players found guilty. At least Parramatta can't have been doping in the last 2 years. Surely...

The whole drugs in sport they is just a decoy by the Federal Labor government. The ACCC were clearly not ready to table the report which seems to be very thin in content and heavy on innuendo, smear and vague facts/fictions.

Labor trying to get there recent defections, failure of the MRRT, failure to deal with immigration, position in the polls, corruption within Labor and the Unions of the front page.

Heard that former AFL footballer Trent Croad had connections with an illegal outlaw group.

Phew only the Comancheros, thought it was NSW Labor
Cheers
Chris

Josh said:
Painkilling injections are viewed as only getting a player back to the level of performance they were capable of before the injury.
uummm, surely that would fall under the performance enhancing bracket???

TasChris said:
The whole drugs in sport they thing is just a decoy by the Federal Labor government. The ACCC were clearly not ready to table the report which seems to be very thin in content and heavy on innuendo, smear and vague facts/fictions.

Labor are trying to get there their recent defections, the failure of the MRRT, their failure to deal with immigration,
their position in the polls, and the corruption within Labor and the Unions of off the front page.

Heard that former AFL footballer Trent Croad had connections with an illegal outlaw group.

Phew, only the Comancheros, thought it was NSW Labor
Cheers
Chris
Unsolicited, ignorant and inflammatory political comments can assume a veneer of credibility if you at least take the time spell correctly and use proper grammar.

Back