Breakfast Creek Hotel

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sluggerdog

Beer In Here
Reaction score
Finally got around to seeing what all the fuss (steaks) was about at the breakfast creek hotel last night.

Anyway I noticed they have a Breakfast Creek hotel Premium Lager, just wondering if any other birssy boys have had this? If so I was interested to know what type of hops it was?

Very Floral in my opinion (from memory)

I couldn't recommend this beer or not as I had a few under my belt before trying so my taste bugs were shot..

I was there on Friday night trying the steaks for the first time, (should have gone the medium then I wouldn't feel so guilty about having to kill the cow myself :) ) but it was a nice steak. I tried the Off The Wood beer, this is xxxx still served from a wood barrel. Tasted like xxxx so I changed beers but will have to try the House beer next time.

yeah I too tried the beer off the wood, someone had told me it tastes different, still had that XXXX taste to me.

The steak was good though, wagyu beef, I got the medium but should have gone rare, nothing beats rare except when a chef does not know how to cook a steak.. Oh well next time!

Anyway back to the hops? any one know? Maybe halleratu but it was very much a floral taste, not like I had tried before (that I can remember anyway)

sluggerdog said:
Finally got around to seeing what all the fuss (steaks) was about at the breakfast creek hotel last night.

Anyway I noticed they have a Breakfast Creek hotel Premium Lager, just wondering if any other birssy boys have had this? If so I was interested to know what type of hops it was?

Very Floral in my opinion (from memory)

I couldn't recommend this beer or not as I had a few under my belt before trying so my taste bugs were shot..
[post="60178"][/post]​

I haven't been to the Brekky for a quite a few years now (used to live at Ferny Hills) & they never had a Premium lager then. The steak used to be huge & excellent in those days & it was standing room only in the bar where the XXXX on the wood & the wharfies have been there since the year dot with plenty of excitement when a few arguments broke out. :rolleyes: I'll be in Brissie on Thursday & will try to find time to slip over to try out the Premium & check out the new decor. :) :)

Latest posts

Back