• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

braumister clone fs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nainsook

Reaction score
Up for sale is my braumister clone. I am sell cause I haven’t been using it since the birth of my son. I regularly do 56l brews. Please note I am not selling the control box. I’ve given it to a mate who is in the process of building a 20l braumister clone. The connectors have been remove as I am not a licenced electrician and don’t feel comfortable handing it on to someone else. However all the wires are there so you can add your own and be up and running in no time. I have loved this bit of kit it made such a difference to consistency of `my brewing. I loved the ease it added to my brew day. When I built this I spared no expense.

~Made out of a 70l stainless steel pot purchased from craft brewer.
~It comes with a chugger pump.
~Huge copper tube in tube chillier. Hops wont get stuck in this thing. Has cam lock fittings for the wert and garden hose fittings for the water.
~Has two 2400w elements. On separate circuits. So it can run of two standard ten amp house circuits with out tripping them. Or needing to getting an electrician to add a 15amp outlet.
~Galvanised tube stand.
~Heaps of 316 stainless steel cam lock fittings so all plumbing can be taken apart and cleaned and dried properly.
~Taps are three part ball valves so can taken apart for cleaning. 316 stainless (these cost more that a standard ball vave),
~ cam lock malt pipe
~large malt pipe easily fit enough grain for 56l at 5.2%abv that can be adjusted to do smaller 23l brews.

$650
i am in north sydney 2060

IMG_2645.jpgIMG_2644.jpgIMG_2643.jpgIMG_2642.jpgIMG_2641.jpgIMG_2638.jpgIMG_2637.jpgIMG_2636.jpgIMG_2635.jpgIMG_2651.jpgIMG_2650.jpgIMG_2649.jpgIMG_2648.jpgIMG_2647.jpgIMG_2646.jpg

It doesn't seem like it at the time, but life does sort of return to normal(ish) after you have kids......eventually. Point is you will have time to brew again......eventually.

Agreed. You will find time again. You will need it.

In addition to the sage advice above, I'd also like to add:

In barely 4.5 years your kids will be going to school, it seems like an age right now, but it goes by in a flash.

Then your disposable income will start flying out the door.
Clothes, food, bicycles, excursions, bedrooms, computers, braces(OMG!)... the list goes on.

By then, you simply will not have the same fiscal priorities as you do now, and building up a nice stainless Braumeiser for your hobby might become a big ask.

Thanks for the the comments. i hear what your saying. its not an easy decision. i am not yet letting go of my kegging gear. But i fear that my brewing future may be limited to kits.(never thought i would say that after 15 years of all grain.)

I concur with ALL the comments above. But I have one to add also. You don't have to do kits (meaning cans), there are Fresh Wort Kits (FWK) available. Over here in Perth, T.W.O.C. make FWK for persons like yourself who may not have enough time to go through the whole brew process. All that is needed is to put the FWK and yeast in your fermentor and keg at the end!

I am all grain too, but I sometimes get caught out and grab one of these. They are made from All grain, taste better than buying a commercial carton and still are quite cheap!

Just a thought to ponder buddy!

Rod.

[SIZE=10.5pt]Yeah I have tried these on occasions with great success.[/SIZE]

Good luck with sale, mate. But to add to the chorus of 'don't sell', I will add the following-

I brew mainly Friday or Sat nights to avoid interrupting family time / dad duties, and I do it in small increments.

Weighing up and milling the grain is one 20 minute job. I'll do this in the morning, or the night before.

Filling HLT and setting up pump etc is one job. I then try to plan it so I mash in just before dinner, then once the kids are in bed (hopefully asleep) start sparging. I no-chill, so this means it's a 20 minute job when I want to sanitise a fermenter and pitch yeast.

With a bit of planning, it can be done, mate.

Latest posts

Back