• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Equipment Wanted Braumeister wanted

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if you are willing to consider a new one, but check out one of the site sponsors and they should be able to sort you out.

Not sure if you are willing to consider a new one, but check out one of the site sponsors and they should be able to sort you out.
Thanks for the suggestion but my budget is not that high.

Do you have your heart set on a BM?

Have you considered a grain father/guten/brewzilla? All much cheaper and seem to be a fairly popular option. They all have a 50L option.

Do you have your heart set on a BM?

Have you considered a grain father/guten/brewzilla? All much cheaper and seem to be a fairly popular option. They all have a 50L option.
I have a 20litre Braumeister and I know the system and the machine, and both are very good. I am hoping to get a 50l to fill two corny kegs to save time. If I can’t find a 50l Braumeister I’ll consider the Grainfather G40 and G70. What do you use?

I have a 20litre Braumeister and I know the system and the machine, and both are very good. I am hoping to get a 50l to fill two corny kegs to save time. If I can’t find a 50l Braumeister I’ll consider the Grainfather G40 and G70. What do you use?

I was a 3V RIMS brewer for many years, but have taken a short hiatus as I had to move cities for work and the place I’m currently in doesn’t have space for my gear.

I’ve seen all 3 other bits of kit in action (as well as the John Palmer Anvil system) and My preference is the BM.

I’m moving back to my old place soon, which has a large double garage so will get back into brewing in the next few months.

I’m going to move to a single vessel system, and will probably go with a BM (I think the quality and reliability of that system is second to none). Not sure if I’ll go with a 20L of 50L yet.

At the moment i spend all day making 40 litres, so the 50l BM has a new appeal. My 20l BM has produced many brews over 12 years and in that time I‘ve replaced only the tap and the temp sensor. When I bought it I chose the smaller BM because I thought I’d prefer the variety of one keg at a time but I’m definitely better at it these days and two cornies of the same brew is more likely to be a good thing! Until the BM arrived I did BIAB, which produced good beer too. As you will know the 50l BM needs 15amp power and a pulley to lift malt pipe (probably).

Definitely understand the appeal of a bigger system. I upgraded my 3V system to be able to fill 4 19L cubes (had a 120L kettle and a 70L mash tun) which was great as I would often brew with a mate, do 2 batches and end up with 4 cubes each.

I'll see how the finances are when the time comes, and that will probably be the deciding factor between a 20 vs 50L.

JD

Jeff
If you just got an urn or pot to use as a kettle. You could speed up your brew day by mashing in your BM, running the wort of to a kettle, dumping the expended malt and getting the second mash started as usual.
A pretty low cost way to fill the gap, leaves you with the option of making two different or two the same in a brew day.
Mark

PS,
After using/owning several Braumeisters I find everything else is very disappointing, both in terms of build quality and performance. The new computer is a joy.

After using/owning several Braumeisters I find everything else is very disappointing, both in terms of build quality and performance. The new computer is a joy.

Buy well, buy once is my motto. Hence, when I purchase a single vessel electric system, it will be a BM.

Jeff
If you just got an urn or pot to use as a kettle. You could speed up your brew day by mashing in your BM, running the wort of to a kettle, dumping the expended malt and getting the second mash started as usual.
A pretty low cost way to fill the gap, leaves you with the option of making two different or two the same in a brew day.
Mark

PS,
Good idea and good to hear from you Mark. Hope you are well and asked Steve at Brewman about you a week ago. I still have the BIAB urn so will try that. I’ll also buy a 50l if one comes up at the right price. Have you tried Grainfather? I suspect Brewzilla etc are great value for money But, as you say, disappointing if you’ve used a Braumeister.

Have had a play with most of the commonly available equipment and invested in a new 10L BM not all that long ago. Getting to the age where it’s less about volume and I do a bit of commercial work on a 200L BM so it makes scaling and tweaking recipes easy and inexpensive.

I'm out at Steve’s most Wednesday afternoons; he has a new 50L BM if you want to have a look I’m fairly sure he won’t object.
Come out some time and catch up, it would be good to see you.
Mark

Have had a play with most of the commonly available equipment and invested in a new 10L BM not all that long ago. Getting to the age where it’s less about volume and I do a bit of commercial work on a 200L BM so it makes scaling and tweaking recipes easy and inexpensive.

I'm out at Steve’s most Wednesday afternoons; he has a new 50L BM if you want to have a look I’m fairly sure he won’t object.
Come out some time and catch up, it would be good to see you.
Mark
Yep saw his new BM. I’d probably go for the original and save a few bucks, 1250 to be more precise, although I do think the spindle mounted thermometer is a significant improvement. The new BMs are exxy, the originals still so. You are more than welcome to call round here for a few. As is anyone on this forum. Come all at once and I’ll fire up the pizza oven!

Back