• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

Braumeister Stand 50L Design

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Brew Matt

Reaction score
I have been contemplating building a stand to suit a 50L Braumeister for a few years now.
Ability to be able to level, some sort of crane or pulley to lift the malt pipe out, wheels, brewday stand, quick assembly/disassembly, basically a 'triton workbench' that can do everything with the BM in mind.
I would be interested in any ideas, but have also been wondering if a folding engine crane (such as the SCA one attached for $155.40), could be modified.

Attachments

zoigl

Reaction score
Hi Brew Matt
I made up a ply wood box, one side cut out where I store my 15 amp cable, it is mounted on wheels to move out side while boiling.
I have $100 hoist permanently mounted in the ceiling, from ebay to remove the malt pipe. The wood under the BM is hinged and I use a block to hold the BM on an angle to drain the last dregs.
I clip a lot of the attchments to the box, saves looking for them.
I have mounted 3 thermometers which have been callibrated.
1. temperature from rain water tank.
2. Temperature return to rainwater tank.
3 temperature of circulating wort.

I also found a SS tray which I clip under the malt tube when I remove it, this saves the sticky mess on the floor when I transfer the spent grain to a wheel barrow.
Let me know if you want more photos
cheers

Attachments

Brew Matt

Reaction score
Hi [U]Zoigl,[/U]

Is your hoist electric or manual? I am interested in a manual one. Also, I am trying to remember if your stand has a levelling mechanism (I currently use wedges).

Nice design.

zoigl

Reaction score
electric, I will try to attach photos

zoigl

Reaction score
Here are some photos, I hope that they are self explanatory, I use a wing nut hose clamp on my BM tap, not shown. The original tap has served me well for about 10 years.

Attachments

zoigl

Reaction score
Thanks,
I also use a 60 litre wheely bin filled with 15 litres of ice + water to bring down the wort temp to pitching temps.
I make my own ice in a the little $50 freezer.

Latest posts