Braumeister Purchasing Costs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On signing of receipt of delivery would only cover that the product and packaging was delivered undamaged. Not that the product works without faults. If leaking would hopefully be covered under manufacturer warranty.

Might just want to check that with fair trading, and if your manufacturer, is offshore, do you have a direct complaint, try buying a HP laptop from the US and ringing HP Australia to complain when it doesn't work

Hey I will do it if some other retailer hasn't closed up the deal tighter than a fishes arse. Import is easy.
Nev

Seriously? You do realise that there are several retailers selling this product in Aus don't you? And if a homebrewer can import this for less than these retailers are selling them for obviously you could too.

As for the AUd Vs Euro being great now it probably wasn't when these were imported by the retailers several months ago so you can't really expect them to take a loss now.

Andrew

Might just want to check that with fair trading, and if your manufacturer, is offshore, do you have a direct complaint, try buying a HP laptop from the US and ringing HP Australia to complain when it doesn't work

Fair enough, Fair Trading may not be able to take action on a international company on your behalf. But I am only ASSUMING that BM manufacturer (being German) would be proud of there workmanship and be willing to rectifiy any manufacturing faults.

Seems we are arguing the same point, I am suggesting buying offshore not so good where a warrenty claim is concerned, so who are you going to complain to?
Another little bug bear i have is people who want to buy the big dollar item offshore cause it saves em a couple hundred bucks, then expect to be able to pick up spares, replacements etc, from an Australian retailer at the same price as someone who purchased the main item from ans Australian retailer.

Seems we are arguing the same point, I am suggesting buying offshore not so good where a warrenty claim is concerned, so who are you going to complain to?
Another little bug bear i have is people who want to buy the big dollar item offshore cause it saves em a couple hundred bucks, then expect to be able to pick up spares, replacements etc, from an Australian retailer at the same price as someone who purchased the main item from ans Australian retailer.

Warranty on items from overseas become a very sticky issue. Some involve returning the product at purchases expense. Unless there is an Authorised Local Agent. Is there any for BM in Australia?

I am sure the manufacturer will replace the faulty product for a "person" the same as for a retailer.

Its not like its some tiny little internet company based in China.

It does come with a warranty I presume?

tnd

I am sure the manufacturer will replace the faulty product for a "person" the same as for a retailer.

tnd

Such a perfect world :rolleyes:

All it would take is for that disgruntled buyer to post all over the internet dissatisfaction/fault and Im sure they would be quick to replace.

tnd

tnd

I am sure an Australian retailer would provide replacement/repair for anyone who can providethe nesscesscary documention, namely an Australian receipt of purchase, without it why should/would they.
Bit rich to expect them to help you with a problemif they never made a cent from you.

Wasn't disagreeing Darren, jump up and down enough and it could happen, so long as you don't wear yourself out beforehand.

I am sure an Australian retailer would provide replacement/repair for anyone who can providethe nesscesscary documention, namely an Australian receipt of purchase, without it why should/would they.
Bit rich to expect them to help you with a problemif they never made a cent from you.

Precisely. Nothing else to say really, but would that include "Retailers" organising a "bulk buy" ?

Its a no brainer for me. I just bought a BM from my local retailer and for $2500 I got the BM, a Aussie power cord, a custom made pick up pipe, a modified top screen that fits tight in the malt pipe and two free brews of my choice with Wyeast. The two brews alone were worth $100 with yeast, hops and the grain bill. Plus I get back up service if requied. I know if my pump or controller shit itself I could go back to the retailer and he would swap it over without question. These are the advantages of paying a bit extra to got with a retailer.

It would suck if you imported it yourself and upon arrival it didn't work, then you find you need to pay freight costs back to Europe before a replacement was sent to you or the damaged one repaired and sent back. Cost blow-out already, or cost maybe equal to buying from a local agent plus waiting time. Imagine if you returned it at Christmas time! It cost me $32 to post a 1.1kg parcel of childrens books to NZ last year! Bloody AusPost......

Sorry I dont see your point, are you protecting the secondary importer or just being bias as usual ? I take loses ever day, its part of the game.
You obliviously havent been screwed before. I am offering a great deal to AHB members, is this wrong Andrew ?
Nev

Not at all Nev, I was simply asking why don't you do it? And no, a great deal for AHB members is, well, GREAT.
Are you saying that who ever bought these units from the retailers have been ripped off?

Why not spend that extra retailer money on a replacement policy, if it fails get a replacement from AUS. Obviously shot gun damage is null.
Nev

Could I do that?

If I import a unit myself and buy a replacement policy would I save much overall?

And then if the unit shits itself are the local agents obliged to replace the unit even though I imported it myself?

(genuine questions)

Yes we will do it. No the deal they got was the deal going at the time. I think I can do it cheaper on a bulk buy with spare parts and electronics service back up .
We are very much moving into the more electronics side of brewing now.
If we can do it cheaper and better then we will.
Nev

Awesome, and as I said before (in another thread) looking forward (impatiently ) for your controller.

Could I do that?

If I import a unit myself and buy a replacement policy would I save much overall?

And then if the unit shits itself are the local agents obliged to replace the unit even though I imported it myself?

(genuine questions)

Nope, no invoice, no obligation

Awesome, and as I said before (in another thread) looking forward (impatiently ) for your controller.
Ah the controller, its just about there but we need to be 100% sure its not going to fall over. Signs are good but one electronic component is giving us some grief. An upgrade (money) my solve the problem, its only one unit out of ten test units that failed and we haven't got it back to diagnose the fault.
Makes a great beer but unless its fool proof we will delay release. :icon_cheers:
Nev

Yes we will do it. No the deal they got was the deal going at the time. I think I can do it cheaper on a bulk buy with spare parts and electronics service back up .
We are very much moving into the more electronics side of brewing now.
If we can do it cheaper and better then we will.
Nev

Not sure what the cost or minimun requirements on a " bulk buy" are, but if it was me, i would be looking for at least 50K investment, with shipping, GST etc.
Think I would be looking to produce something right here for comparable cost, and marketing that rather than tying up a lot of cash in stock and spare parts

AHB, homebrewers, cheaparse handy people.

If you save that much with a direct import! Chances are good that whatever little problem you might have can be fixed for far far less than the price difference. Besides, if the local retailers knew more people own brew rigs they'd stock spares. Genuine or generic, either way, the only people that would not like to do something like this is ones that are way too concerned about warranties etc. If the saving was bugger all and the risk really that big, I'd understand all the scare stories. However, from all reports, most people are perfectly happy with their's and the general expectation of quality from German engineered products is not shabby at all. Besides, they have their own consumer protection laws. If you did get a unit so stuffed that cost of repairing it yourself would far outweigh a swap, that's not like impossible!
Probably makes most sense the way nev is planning, spreads out that minimal risk and one buyer buying a stack of them obviously will get some preferential treatment.

Back