Braumeister Purchasing Costs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm a bulk buy would be good i guess. Seriously, the first shop who will play ball on the $1750 - $2000 zone for the 20L with me can have my money in credit, deposit, or neat bundles of cash.....however you want it! It's your sale!

Hmm a bulk buy would be good i guess. Seriously, the first shop who will play ball on the $1750 - $2000 zone for the 20L with me can have my money in credit, deposit, or neat bundles of cash.....however you want it! It's your sale!

Agreed. Anything under the magical $2000 would do it for me

Some things never change..... just suport your local retail shop and buy one from them. God forbid a retailer in this country make a buck, esspecially as they are the ones we go to when we have problems with equipement.
And yes I picked my 20 litre BM up yesterday.

Steve

Some things never change..... just suport your local retail shop and buy one from them. God forbid a retailer in this country make a buck, esspecially as they are the ones we go to when we have problems with equipement.

Steve

I am supporting them, giving them first call on the cash! Hell, i'll direct future sales there with preference for ths shortfall!

Steve

Steve this wasn't the point of my original post. I just note that even though the exchange rate has appreciated notable Braumeister prices have remained static. Whilst this could be due to other factors such as increased shipping costs etc I doubt it.

Agreed. Anything under the magical $2000 would do it for me

When i imported mine i talked to John at G+G and tried to get a better price but he said the margin is slim but was not concerned that i would import myself(having started brewing after 5 years away he knew i would buy my hops,yeast,malt from him)
He asked to see my paper work once it had arrived to see how much i payed and as a non business i got it cheaper than he could at the time.
This i think helped to get the packaging changed and the cost to you the customer cheaper.

Since i brought mine they have gone up about 80 euro and down $500 .

You wont import one for less than $2000 so dont expect to buy one locally for less.

When i imported mine i talked to John at G+G and tried to get a better price but he said the margin is slim but was not concerned that i would import myself(having started brewing after 5 years away he knew i would buy my hops,yeast,malt from him)
He asked to see my paper work once it had arrived to see how much i payed and as a non business i got it cheaper than he could at the time.
This i think helped to get the packaging changed and the cost to you the customer cheaper.

You wont import one for less than $2000 so dont expect to buy one locally for less.

Sounds pretty reasonable!

I'm not afraid to import smaller items but there's no way I'll import a BM.

Talk to the retailers.

Batz

I think the very first post actually stated what the costs involved were and included a chiller, it was also stated that all associated costs of duties, taxes, and insurance had been included and with the chiller still under the magical $2000, it isn't a matter of our local suppliers doing anything wrong or making a killing, I think it's more the overseas supplier not doing right by our local stores. In the end your paying $500-$700 for piece of mind with local backup and suport. If that cost for support were closer by comparison this thread would not be here. Yes we should support our local retailers, the problem arises when their suppliers don't recognise the product support resellers give, I'm well sure if our retailers were getting these in at the price stated in the first post the cost comparison would be a lot tighter.

you guys are all reading way too much into this - the aussie is the strongest it's ever been against the euro so unless your charitable local retailers are paying a fixed price in aussie for the BMs they must be making a killing paying in euro. I'me sure when the aussie weakens against the euro the retailers will pass on the extra cost to the customer, so now it's strong they need to play ball too. We have the same situation here in Switzerland too and retailers had to wake up and cut prices because people were going over the boarder to buy everything from steaks to cars! You can also ask your retailers why they sell cheap imported stuff instead of aussie made goods!

Well done scuchidog for your original post and trying to save these ungrateful buggers some cash!

If the freight is insured, doesn't that mean if it arrives damaged then insurance will fix it?

The way I see it is if its damaged, you are going to have to complain to
a) the retailer (who inturn complains to the freighter/insurance company)
or
b ) the freighter/insurance company.

Still not sure I understand the risk?

tnd

If the freight is insured, doesn't that mean if it arrives damaged then insurance will fix it?

The way I see it is if its damaged, you are going to have to complain to
a) the retailer (who inturn complains to the freighter/insurance company)
or
b ) the freighter/insurance company.

Still not sure I understand the risk?

tnd

The risk would be having your 2 grand worth of goods held up for 6 months or more, if it did arrive damaged, you have to remember, " insured" within Australia is all good, anything offshore, you have very little comebacks, and no one much to complain too should the deal go wrong.

The risk would be having your 2 grand worth of goods held up for 6 months or more, if it did arrive damaged, you have to remember, " insured" within Australia is all good, anything offshore, you have very little comebacks, and no one much to complain too should the deal go wrong.

But why the retailer be able to resolve the issue any faster than an annoyed consumer?

tnd

But why the retailer be able to resolve the issue any faster than an annoyed consumer?

tnd

Retailer has got your dollars, now your basically asking him to work for free to help you.
lets assume your damage is not cosmetic, but a fault or leak, you only found thisafter you used the item, you signed for the item on delivery....and signature on delivery means item " received in good working condition"
You then contact the retailer, who contacts the shipping agent, who contacts the delivery agent in Australia, who provides him with your signature, whom do you complain to?

Maybe, maybe not, you buy from Australian retailer you have fair trading and some other protections in place, you buy internationaly, you roll the dice

Retailer has got your dollars, now your basically asking him to work for free to help you.
lets assume your damage is not cosmetic, but a fault or leak, you only found thisafter you used the item, you signed for the item on delivery....and signature on delivery means item " received in good working condition"
You then contact the retailer, who contacts the shipping agent, who contacts the delivery agent in Australia, who provides him with your signature, whom do you complain to?

On signing of receipt of delivery would only cover that the product and packaging was delivered undamaged. Not that the product works without faults. If leaking would hopefully be covered under manufacturer warranty.

Back