Braumeister pump plumbing modifications

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick_BCB

Reaction score
Hi Team,

I've just had a second pump failure for my 20l Braumeister. I expect water ingress, totally my fault.

Instead of buying another OEM pump I am thinking of re-routing the existing plumbing and using a regular unit, somewhat external to the unit.
Has anybody here done this and do you have any advice? I would lose the program-ability but I don't see that being too much of an issue.

I see an added advantage as when finished brewing I could pump out the wort from the bottom drain to my fermenter.

Last edited:
I've moded my 20L BM to let me pump into the fermenter by adding a 3 way ball valve.

Yes you can do it*.

You'll need a PWM to adjust the new pump.

I assume yours is the same as mine (2015 model) which uses 1/2 BSP.

2 x 1/2 BSP female connected to the BM elbow, pump in the middle connected with silicon hose or something more stiff with copper/ compression. Silicon is easier to pull apart for cleaning, but copper/compression is better for moving the unit around, and proven to work for many BM users who have moded it (myself included).

You'll need to manually stop the pump to loosen the grains, IIRC it happens about once every 10 minutes on my controller.

*You may need to play around with the flow rate, tube size and placement of your pump.

Plenty more tips and parts list on the Braumeister forum. Look up Mashy, he's got a good thread on it.

Good luck
ED

Latest posts

Back