Braumeister Pump Issue

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you tilted it back at 45 degree angle when you vented the pump?

Actually worked out the problem, the new pump that was sent has a manufacturing problem so just awaiting a new pump to be sent...

Sure did,

I filled it up again today tilted it back 45 degrees and vented the pump now it starts after 1-3 tries. once the pump starts it seems to run fine.

Ill brew again later in the week as soon as I have a free fermenter and will see how it goes.

Once you ventilate the pump in manual then switch it to automatic and start it, it will always switch on and off a few times as this is the auto ventilation. It's just that if you only do auto ventilation that's when problems seem to occur

I had this problem and was sent a new impeller from Germany, after installing the new impeller and giving it a few runs, even with manual ventilation at 45 deg, it still makes a few rattles and then goes quiet again after each pump break

Hope this is not the start of the same problem.

I have had that rattle noise a couple of times almost sounds like a small pebble in there. Last time it happened there was crud in the impeller. Once cleaned it ran fine. Maybe small imperfections can cause impeller to not spin properly?

First brew on the 20ltr Braumiester yesterday went great and the pump worked great. After I had cleaned the BM and the pump I filled it with clean water put it in manual and turned the pump on and got a similar problem. The pump stops and starts 1 -20 times until the pump starts to run normally, even after venting and getting it running if I stop the pump and start it again the same thing happens.

any advice?

After speeking with Chris at Grain and Grape about the issue a new pump was sent from Speidel. Apparently some pumps had a programming problam.
The new pump arrived within two weeks and I have had no problams. :icon_cheers:

I actually had to get a new pump for mine yesterday. After not having any issues for ages all of a sudden once the I got to mash out temps the pump would just sit there after pump break trying to kick back on but never would.

Will have to wait and see if this fixes issue. The new pump sure does sound a lot cleaner and stronger then old one.

Chris is a bloody legend had new pump ready to go when I rang him

How do you guys fill your Braumeisters?

I use a hose (yes proper water one) and as I fill it, I put the hose in the pump suction and discharge holes. This expels any air caught in the pump or impeller, and even at start up of auto ventilation no air bubbles come out at all. Pump is always full primed without any air pockets. No need for tilting, easy as.

Batz

Fill a pot then dump it in. Usually fill just above element then tilt back and vent pump then dump in rest of water. Was actually wondering to myself the other day if this may be causing air to get back into pump. I need to get a sturdy enough metal trolley to put it on so I can wheel it into laundry where my hose is

Never had this problem.just filler up and start.No tilting.Interested to know why you would want to recirc when you have break material and hops in though as imo the intake holes in the pumps propeller are small and can clog.

Never had this problem.just filler up and start.No tilting.Interested to know why you would want to recirc when you have break material and hops in though as imo the intake holes in the pumps propeller are small and can clog.

I've never had this either. Some brewers use an immersion chiller and run the pump while this is happening, not something I would do.

I need to get a sturdy enough metal trolley to put it on so I can wheel it into laundry where my hose is

Keep an eye on ebay, they come up now and then.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Stainless-steel...=item35c23526ab

i use this ikea job that works for me as it was sitting in the shed after kitchen up grade.

How do you like your hop rocket...I mean really do you get use from it? Is the price of whole hops worth it?

Oh and please don't post pictures wrong way up, it really pisses me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Batz

I use a hose (yes proper water one) and as I fill it, I put the hose in the pump suction and discharge holes.

I actually stopped doing this and found it has improved with a more natural fill. Granted, I am not using a 'proper' house - just a silicone one coming from a tap.

I got one pump replaced by the Spiedel guys. That thing fires up like a boss, no matter how I fill it. Makes the 'ok' pump seem like crap. Shoulda pushed to have both replaced!

Brewed with new pump in and it didnt miss a beat. Wonder if any one would want the old pump??

Brewed with new pump in and it didnt miss a beat. Wonder if any one would want the old pump??

I'll like to see what goes wrong with these pumps, so yes I'll like it but I'll be stripping it. Must be the fitter in me.

Batz

Is this a common problem?
If I were to drop $3500 on a fancy urn I'd expect to not have to replace faulty parts from time to time.

I think it was from models that came out last year issue between pump and computer from what I could find on web and from grain and grape

Latest posts

Back