Braumeister Or 3v Herms

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this whole discussion can be summed up with the old AHB phrase...

You're not a real brewer unless you have a March Pump.

Which of the systems has a March Pump ?

My Braumeister will once my camlocks arrive!

i get strong feelings of manliness when firing up my mongolian burners

View attachment 52085

the roar of power akin to that of a 351 cleveland in an XY GT, chewing gas, spilling out fumes

sure, a subaru wrx would whip its arse, but on testosterone factor, the GT gets it every time

so do you want that wrx that is predictable, corners on a dime, is fuel efficient and quiet ?

or do you want that big heavy muscle car that roaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars ?
I doubt you'd feel all that manly when your account blance is zero and you cant afford any grain because you burnt it all up with gas! raaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr :p

You've been coming out on a few things recently Batz

9567942_md.jpg

I doubt you'd feel all that manly when your account blance is zero and you cant afford any grain because you burnt it all up with gas! raaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr :p

if 200 bucks a year spent on gas sends me bust then the least of my concerns will be buying grains

This was my old system. It broke my heart when it got loaded onto the truck to SA, but $2000 did help :)

BREWERY.jpg

This was my old system. It broke my heart when it got loaded onto the truck to SA, but $2000 did help :)

Hell I should have sold mine as a going concern. I broke mine up and sold it cheaply to the needy :lol: :lol:

Tell me more!!!,im interested ive got a B.M. and a march pump floating around!!! :ph34r:

Pump out of the BM through a chiller and back via a whirpool until you reach pitching or non botulism tempertures. :p

Batz

Back to the OP - do you like to build things? AND have space in the shed? AND are a tight ass brewer?.... If yes to these three questions, then I would suggest to build your RIMS system (forget the HERMS, RIMS is where its at! :ph34r: :lol: ;) )

If you don't have the time to build a brewery, or the space, and have cash to burn go the BM.

With a 3V system, you can brew multiple batches almost concurrently - i.e. while beer 1 is boiling, you can mash in beer 2, etc.

Back to the OP - do you like to build things? AND have space in the shed? AND are a tight ass brewer?.... If yes to these three questions, then I would suggest to build your RIMS system (forget the HERMS, RIMS is where its at! :ph34r: :lol: ;) )

Well I can answer yes to all those questions, in fact yes, been there done that.

Now I have a BM :beerbang: Ask anyone of the older brewers here "how much have you spent on your brewery over the last 5 years?" A BM is really not a bad option is it?

Of course I loved building my brewery and at the time I had access to about the best workshop a brewer could need.

Batz

Funny enough, my next project is a Braumeister inspired system.... but ghetto. A.k.a Muscmeister!
Hoping to maintain the 'hands on' aspects of my 3V but contained in a single vessel.
I have an 80 litre SS pot and a handful of late night drawings so far...
It will be a prototype just like my 3V and i will probably never quite finish it like my 3V.
The Journey is just as fun as the destination for me.
I'll start a thread once i get going on it.
I'm just bower birding shiny things until then..

Pump out of the BM through a chiller and back via a whirpool until you reach pitching or non botulism tempertures. :p

Batz
As above but also run it through a Hoprocket and chill using Jamals whirlpool immersion method.
The plate i am going to use as a prechiller for the water going to the immersion chiller with a recirc pump into an ice bank.

Using ice bank normally get the water to about 11 degree.

The funny thing about this is that i am now going to build a stand for my one vessel one tier BM with my own custom additions

so just because you have a BM doesnt mean you are not going to modify the way its used.

haha look into matho's thread there is a few guys in there doing this sort of thing and alot have been threw the trial and error stages. Would be the best place to start and sure steve would help you out as much as he can! he is making a full intructions on his build, Not saying copy it but sure there will be things in there you can put into your system

The funny thing about this is that i am now going to build a stand for my one vessel one tier BM with my own custom additions

so just because you have a BM doesnt mean you are not going to modify the way its used.

I'm doing the same :rolleyes:

haha you will be devored by the end of the year!! even if its coz of me :p

Agree on the ability to customise your BM.

I have even 'developed' a cleaning stand for mine. Couldn't live without it anymore. Pics to follow.

Does the 20L and 50L put 20L and 50L inter the fermenter? What sort of gravity beers can you do with the 20L? Massively space poor so my 3V is reaching the end of its life.

With a double mash and 2 hour boil I got 20 litres at 1.093 into fermenter. I usually get around 1.05ish 20l have gotten up to 1.061 with normal mash

Well I can answer yes to all those questions, in fact yes, been there done that.

Now I have a BM :beerbang: Ask anyone of the older brewers here "how much have you spent on your brewery over the last 5 years?" A BM is really not a bad option is it?

Of course I loved building my brewery and at the time I had access to about the best workshop a brewer could need.

Batz
Bull shit! Any thing you put together is better than an over priced piece of euro tech. Tell me the advantage of be disconnected from your brewing.
Nev

Back