Braumeister measurements

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommykkk

Reaction score
Hey I have been looking every where on the net to try and find the dimentions for either a 20L or 50L brewing kettle but I cant find it anywhere. So if anyone has access to a Braumeister, would you be able mesure the internal diameter and the internal height? I need to know which one will fit.

Thanks,

Tom Kemp

Ross one of the retailers did post them in a thread some time ago, there are a few Braumeister threads cant remember which one it was but it is on here. Search and start reading lots! Though it was one of the earlier threads.

My 20L is roughly 420(h)x350(d).

Thats the interior dimensions of the pot.

With the information below you can make up your own mind when it comes to pots. I like a ratio of 1:1 height to diameter (I don't know why it was something that stuck in my head from my early days of brewing) when it comes to kettle height plus 10% for boil off plus 20% room in the kettle.

Hope that helps

Volume of a Cylinder

A cylinder with radius r units and height h units has a volume of V cubic units given by

cylind1.gif

Image2615.gif

Example 27
Find the volume of a cylindrical canister with radius 7 cm and height 12 cm.

Solution:

Image2616.gif

Image2617.gif

Image2618.gif

Im going to make a 20L version. For the kettle im going use a 50L beer keg and for the malt pipe im going to role some S/S sheet metal ill post some pix when im done. Im hoping to be able to make the whole thing for under $150

under $150 for the pot, that's nice. Mine was also <$150 but the other costs add up....

Pump
Element
Fittings
Electronics
base for your pot (but I guess you will also roll one out and have welding skills)

I am a fitter and turner by trade so i should be able to get the fitting cheap from work. I work with sheet metal fabricators and they said they will roll it up and weld it for me using some off cuts. As for the pump I'm going to use a dish washer pump I found on gumtree for $10 lol I think it might be a little bit over power though (its 300w). I'm still not sure about the heating element I found these people/;
http://www.cynebar.com.au/tubular-and-process-heating.php
I'm not sure how much they will charge though...

Latest posts

Back