Braumeister advice

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adraine

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm thinking after a very long layoff I'm going to get back into brewing with a 20l braumeister.
Essentially I'm after a bit of advice on which accessories to get with the unit e.g. The hood or themo jacket etc.
Any advice at all would be appreciated.

Cheers Adam.

I'd definitely get the thermo jacket. I upgraded my tap to tri clover fittings. The hood would help with a more vigorous boil but not a necessity & a tad expensive.

I'd get the BM, but would look at cheaper Ghetto alternatives regarding the hood and thermal jacket.

My thermal jacket is made from a $3 windscreen reflector and my hood from a very thin $2 stainless steel bowl. Both have been producing the goods for a couple of years now.

As mentioned above, the tap upgrade is worth doing.

Cheers guys. Anybody got info on good strainers or hop blockers?

I just toss in loose pellets for my additions & don't use any hop blockers or strainers. A good floccer @10mins like whirlfloc will settle the trub for you.
After chilling to as low as I can, I manually whirpool & put the lid back on & leave it be for at least half an hour.
I then drain to the fermenter & she's crystal clear.

Back