**boycott** Perth International Beerfest - Fraudsters!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@whitegoose

Can I ask you HONESTLY what your involvement is with this event? Looking at all your posts regarding this, EVERYTHING is positive, why is that? Every other person condemns the event aside from you. Seems odd.
I have a totally valid point of view and reason for being here. And to turn things around, if I had been a member of this community or for that matter any online community for a long period and some new user posted what I have, I would sit up, take note, and be wary of the event!! I have not published anything other than COMPLETELY SUBSTANTIATED claims and references. If I was plucking things out of thin air, then maybe question or crucify me, BUT I HAVE NOT EVEN ONCE.
I'm just fighting for my rights and TRYING TO WARN ANYONE TO NOT GET SCAMMED AND RIPPED OFF.

:excl:

My ears are burning.

@whitegoose

Can I ask you HONESTLY what your involvement is with this event? Looking at all your posts regarding this, EVERYTHING is positive, why is that? Every other person condemns the event aside from you. Seems odd.
I have a totally valid point of view and reason for being here. And to turn things around, if I had been a member of this community or for that matter any online community for a long period and some new user posted what I have, I would sit up, take note, and be wary of the event!! I have not published anything other than COMPLETELY SUBSTANTIATED claims and references. If I was plucking things out of thin air, then maybe question or crucify me, BUT I HAVE NOT EVEN ONCE.
I'm just fighting for my rights and TRYING TO WARN ANYONE TO NOT GET SCAMMED AND RIPPED OFF.

My involvement is nothing - I didn't go last year and I might go this year. My input has not been "positive" at all, unless you think I am being positive by not being 110% filled with disgust. It sounds like it is undeniable that last year's event was an absolute farce. I simply made a one-line suggestion that it might possibly be better this year (they may have fixed some or all of the problems), and then queried why the WA microbrewers wouldn't want to be involved in a beer festival out of interest. You seem a bit over-excited about your whole crusade, that's all. Also, your USE OF CAPITALS, well I find it quite ANNOYING. I appreciate the info as much as anybody, you just seem a bit extreme, and I hate it when people put "info" on forums but "can't disclose the exact details" of where it comes from.

@whitegoose

Settle petal.

I thought the question posed by whitegoose was pretty reasonable actually.

My involvement is nothing - I didn't go last year and I might go this year. My input has not been "positive" at all, unless you I am being positive by not being 110% filled with disgust. It sounds like it is undeniable that last year's event was an absolute farce. I simply made a one-line suggestion that it might possibly be better this year (they may have fixed some or all of the problems), and then queried why the WA microbrewers wouldn't want to be involved in a beer festival out of interest. You seem a bit over-excited about your whole crusade, that's all. Also, your USE OF CAPITALS, well I find it quite ANNOYING. I appreciate the info as much as anybody, you just seem a bit extreme, and I hate it when people put "info" on forums but "can't disclose the exact details" of where it comes from.

@whitegoose

fair enough whitegoose. I apologise.

I just wanted to state what happened. As I have said, all that I have stated has been true and accurate. Take it as a heads up, and of course do with it as you will. If people go to the event, good luck, I hope it really does go well! It's success is no doubt important whether you attend or have a stall I guess.

I just don't want more people to be ripped off. If the promoters do everything right this year, kudos to them, that is great. But you still have to feel sorry about last year with not even an apology or discount to those affected.

What I would say though is that if anyone was genuinely concerned about others potentially being taken advantage of for commercial gain, no matter what it was in regards to (beer, electronics, cars etc) I would try let people know.

I will leave it there. What's said is said and doesn't need to be elaborated on further.

All the best to anyone that goes.

Peace. :)

Ok how about a booking for the 27th Feb for the "Churchy festival".That means we can just argue about my venue and my beer and everyone else's and if you don't like anything I will have room temp water from the tap and also chilled water from the fridge.Plus if your lucky I might have Harvey fresh orange juice! I have the misses 30th on the 20th Feb so if I run out of booze I know my good friend and supplier of grain can supply us with a keg or two, how about it NEV.lol

Andrew

Ok how about a booking for the 27th Feb for the "Churchy festival".That means we can just argue about my venue and my beer and everyone else's and if you don't like anything I will have room temp water from the tap and also chilled water from the fridge.Plus if your lucky I might have Harvey fresh orange juice! I have the misses 30th on the 20th Feb so if I run out of booze I know my good friend and supplier of grain can supply us with a keg or two, how about it NEV.lol

Andrew
You Wish ! I am now having to drink wheat beer! Got a bit of Dopple bock, that should take care of it.
GB

You Wish ! I am now having to drink wheat beer! Got a bit of Dopple bock, that should take care of it.
GB

Yes about half a keg, it's a Royal show winner 2010.So are you coming? I'll only have it if you and Pat come along.

Yes about half a keg, it's a Royal show winner 2010.So are you coming? I'll only have it if you and Pat come along.
Yes you know you can rely on me, its that Pat that's the bad one. Has your wife got any single friends ? For Pat of course, there is no way Im hanging around with Pat on heat :lol:
GB

Well just got back from the perth beer fest and i have to say a definite improvement on last year effort. No lines, beer was cold and a good selection $1 tastings still doesnt compare to the freo fest a couple of years ago man that was good :icon_drunk:

luke

Little creatures is going to have it's beer there.

I find JS is a little over rated. Their amber ale is good in winter but otherwise I like my own beer better.

I had an awesome time!! As has been said there were no lines, plenty of shade, cold beer on tap, good music - it really was a spectacular day out!

They had a shitload of belgians on tap there as well which was a nice surprise.

The only bummer was the pricing - I stuck mostly to to the 200ml glasses which ranged from $4 - $8 for some of the belgians.

Seriously though, it seems like they've sorted out all the problems from last year and it is a really good event!!

I had an awesome time!! As has been said there were no lines, plenty of shade, cold beer on tap, good music - it really was a spectacular day out!

They had a shitload of belgians on tap there as well which was a nice surprise.

The only bummer was the pricing - I stuck mostly to to the 200ml glasses which ranged from $4 - $8 for some of the belgians.

Seriously though, it seems like they've sorted out all the problems from last year and it is a really good event!!

Good to hear.

Latest posts

Back