Bottling made easy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

checkers

Reaction score
Not sure if this is common knowledge or not or been covered but here's a hands free way to bottle with only a milkcrate..

Cut out a few bits where the bottle sits and your off and away.

Sure as hell made my life easier!!!!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1437522369.246219.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1437522394.045522.jpg

Bottle just wedges in on top of the milk crate as shown.. Use a standard $3 plastic bottle filler with the pressure dispense and your off and away.

Enjoy

Nice. Another way is to get a long (1-2m) bit of flexible tubing and put it between the tap on the fermenter and the top of your bottling wand. Then you can leave all the bottles on the floor and just move the wand between them as you go.

Cheers,
RB

Red Baron said:
Nice. Another way is to get a long (1-2m) bit of flexible tubing and put it between the tap on the fermenter and the top of your bottling wand. Then you can leave all the bottles on the floor and just move the wand between them as you go.

Cheers,
RB
I like both ideas but this one takes the cake for me.

When doing this, do you cap right after one is filled or fill all then cap all?

Lowlyf said:
I like both ideas but this one takes the cake for me.

When doing this, do you cap right after one is filled or fill all then cap all?
i like the tubing idea but don't think my back would appreciate it.

When i bottle I put the cap on top without clamping it down to stop nasties getting in and then fill the next bottle until all filled. It seems more efficient in a production style sort of way. I read somewhere once that this method also allows excess oxygen to find it's way out while your filling the other bottles. True or not I don't know, but I can imagine some CO2 escaping from the beer after filling and pushing out the O2.

Same as Brew Forky- I just rest a cap on top of the filled bottle, move to the next one then crimp them all at the end.

Cheers fellas. This is what I'll do mercy brew day. Can you find said tubing at bunnings?

Probably- I think my tube came from a homebrew shop ages ago. They already have the taps in store to measure it against too.

Red Baron said:
Probably- I think my tube came from a homebrew shop ages ago. They already have the taps in store to measure it against too.
Yeah that's my concern, not getting one that fits both the spigot and bottling wand

+1 to both of Red Baron's comments (& brew forky).
Tube btw wand & fv is def a win. As is doing the clamping of the caps at the end - makes me feel like the final industrial stage of a profession brewery.

Checkers, what the hell is in the bottom of your FV??
Are they hops flowers or mutant yeast?

Raspberries.. Was doing up a raspberry wheat for the misses..
When I cold crashed it they all sunk. Was wondering who would pick up on that ;-)

If you really want to make bottling easy and fast go get a bottle filler from Brigalo. Big w has them.

I was using a coopers and a sping loaded one for 15 years. They are slow.

The Brigalo is so quick you wouldnt be able to use your milk crate.

technobabble66 said:
As is doing the clamping of the caps at the end - makes me feel like the final industrial stage of a profession brewery.
Me too - I use a drill press (obviously with a bottle capping attachment) to crimp the crown seals over the tops of my bottles. Very industrial. :lol:

Markbeer said:
If you really want to make bottling easy and fast go get a bottle filler from Brigalo. Big w has them.

I was using a coopers and a sping loaded one for 15 years. They are slow.

The Brigalo is so quick you wouldnt be able to use your milk crate.
Got a link mate?

I tried to find it at big w online but all the search returned was the amazing theatrical masterpieces the Deauce bigalow american gigolo series.

Its basically a 7 buck white plastic wider diameter version of a coopers bottle filler. In the big w home brew section.

It was talked about on another thread which is why i tried it.

Lowlyf said:
Got a link mate?

Back