Quantcast

Bottling In Growlers

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

JDW81

I make wort, the yeast make it beer.
Reaction score
Has any used Growlers for bottling on a regular basis?

I was forced to use one recently in an emergency and it was a roaring success but I don't know if it was dumb luck. Is it possible to find decent lids for them so I can use them more often? I wouldn't trust the current lid, either pressure wise or sanitation wise for another brew.

Cheers,

JD.

adryargument

Reaction score
Not for bottling, however i have used them for fermentation after having excess wort. I always end up putting them in the fridge once fermentation is complete and drinking the next day - yeast gets used a slurry.

jayahhdee

Reaction score
I've got a couple of growlers filled with what wouldn't fit in to kegs, seemed to have held pressure fine. I'll be cracking them once the keg runs dry.

Kranky

Reaction score
It depends on the bottle. I'd assume most of them would be fine.

I use a counter pressure bottle filler to fill my growlers and I know for a fact that 6 months later there have been no issues.

JDW81

I make wort, the yeast make it beer.
Reaction score
It depends on the bottle. I'd assume most of them would be fine.

I use a counter pressure bottle filler to fill my growlers and I know for a fact that 6 months later there have been no issues.
They're good and strong. Might just persevere and see how they go.

brewtas

Reaction score
I did it once and it worked fine. The beer was probably in the growler for 5-6 months before it got opened.

Latest posts