Bottling Bucket Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

losp

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just trying to make my brew days more efficient. I was just wondering whats the longest i can leave fermented beer in a bottling bucket for?
Was just planning on putting it in there and letting it sit for a couple of hours so i can clean a couple of things at the same time.

Cheers,
Losp

Hi Guys,

Just trying to make my brew days more efficient. I was just wondering whats the longest i can leave fermented beer in a bottling bucket for?
Was just planning on putting it in there and letting it sit for a couple of hours so i can clean a couple of things at the same time.

Cheers,
Losp

Why don't you prop your fermenter up on a couple of milk crates while you clean your stuff & then transfer to the bottling bucket. Transfer only takes a few minutes.

I leave mine for at least 30 minutes to allow the priming sugar some time to spread through the brew. My "bottling bucket" is a second sanitised fermenter. I just pop the lid on and carry on cleaning bottles till its filling time. Never had an infected brew.

Back