Bottling After Cold Conditioning.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brizbrew

Reaction score
I brewed a stout 3 weeks ago, it was my second ag and my xmas case contribution. it spent 2 weeks in primary before I racked to secondary where it has now been for a week.
I am thinking of bottling it this sunday as I have a free slot (Pretty rare at the moment as we are in the middle of arranging a new build house, and have a baby due anyday now) :beerbang: I am wondering if I should allow it to come up to ambient room temp for a day or two before bottling. It will have been in my brew fridge at 2c for 10 days on saturday.

Is this long enough and should I allow it to come up to room temp before bottling?

Happy brewing folks.

i always bulk prime and bottle cold,
never had a problem,
as long as the sugar solution is well mixed into the brew.

tangent said:
i always bulk prime and bottle cold,
never had a problem,
as long as the sugar solution is well mixed into the brew.
[post="83716"][/post]​
I was worried that bottling at 1 or 2C would be too cold and all the yeast would be sitting on the bottom of the secondary cube and not make it in to the bottling bucket and then in to the bottle to eat that sugar. :blink:

I don't want to mess this brew up as it won't be drunk by me but by the QLD xmas case boys. :ph34r:

i also bottle cold - note taht it takes the bottles longer to carbonate when u bottle cold.

If i was going to try to impress some people with bottled home-brew, i'd serve something 8-16 months old. Especially if it's a grainy Ale.
Maybe a lager after 3-4 months if it's had a good CCing before bottling.

peas_and_korn said:
I don't have the patience to have a beer for that long!!!
[post="84054"][/post]​

You dont need to be patient, just forgetful... I found a box full of Grolsh bottles that had a 2 can stout in them under the stairs last weekend. They had been there for 15 months. Th garage is a wonderfully constant 15 degrees all winter, and 23 in summer. Cracked one on Saturday. Black Velvet......

The rest will be saved for Christmas.

M

I always try to brew some "swishy" lagers during winter for Festivus.
The temps are right and they have a chance to mature.

Back