Bottlemart With Fancy Glasses

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forget that i want the Peroni cufflinks... how apt :rolleyes:

heh, it'll still get drunk.... summertime is here.

I'll let them keep their glassware and beer for those more discerning.

I also noticed at Dans a peroni gift pack,I'm a bit of a glass tragic, so caught my eye ;) Also noticed the weihenstephan gift pack.I broke my only weihenstephan glass last August,so it took all my self control not to purchase at terrible prices.

Waiting,waiting,waiting http://needglasses.com.au/

no affiliation,I just hope they are back soon

Guy up the road (cnr independent liquor store/supermarket) gave me a nice delerium Tremens glass yesterday as I bought orval, chimay and erdinger. He eagerly promised to give me a Chimay glass when they came in.

Champ.

Guy up the road (cnr independent liquor store/supermarket) gave me a nice delerium Tremens glass yesterday as I bought orval, chimay and erdinger. He eagerly promised to give me a Chimay glass when they came in.

Champ.

orval!! and nice beer glasses!!

Shit I may need to move closer to the cbd :) I have never seen orval in a shop front store.And glasses to boot.Green with envy :icon_cheers:

I've posted about it before but my local (brunswick West, Vic) is an unassuming liquor-mart cum supermarket, grocery store run by a chinese family which has a small but incredibly diverse and interesting range of beers at great prices. There's another nearby which has a much better range - everything from samuel smith to westmalle to rochefort to old speckled hen but the prices are over the top (eg chimay blue is 10.50 whereas the asian run place has them at 7.50. Orval is 6.50).

The fact that the guy gave me, out of the blue, a nice drinking glass for free (and promised me another) just because I regularly try out their premium beer range gives them extra points. I'm starting to think the guy must be a beer fan so soon I'll be dropping a favourable beer of my own into the shop.

Funny you say that,I had spent a fair bit of time hunting down some rochefort 10.More or less gave up, forgot about it for a while.

Was heading away one weekend and pulled into Yarra Glen, Richies store to buy some groceries.I never leave anywhere without checking out bottleshops was surprised to see belgians not available at big outlets..............THEN I SAW IT

Trappistes Rochefort 10

**** me...so you just never know :eek:

I doubt I'll find any Westvleteren,but I'll keep lookin B)

Westvleteren and achel are the only two trappists I haven't tried but I was under the impression at least one of those (possibly westvleteren) is only available from the monastery itself?

Westvleteren,must get there.I get to carried away with belgian beers.Reminds me I haven't had an Achel for a while......

much like you I suspect(carried away with belgian beers) ;)

If by carried away you mean salivate when I think of them or see a picture of a labelled bottle, or wish to perfect my brewing techniques so I can make my own, or insist on smelling them for 1/4 hour before taking the first sip, or somehow bringing them into every sentence I utter: despite the conversations being about soap or chickens or something else completely irrelevant, or if you mean I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really like them then.......................... yes.

You are correct.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

your just as sick as me :beerbang:

50% of my brewing is always belgian

Are you both sick enough to learn Latin and Flemmish become monks under the Benedictine Order?

Hrm, reckon the Catholic church spring for a pilgramage of this sort? Hrmmmmmmmm...

Are you both sick enough to learn Latin and Flemmish become monks under the Benedictine Order?

Hrm, reckon the Catholic church spring for a pilgramage of this sort? Hrmmmmmmmm...

Could be the plot for the next Dan Brown novel .... Robert Langdon hunting down a secret barrel of trappist beer which was drunk by Christ at the last supper .... what comes next?

Back