Bottled my first batch of Mead

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knot_gillty

Reaction score
Just bottled my first batch of Mead tonight. I did the Joes Ancient Orange. Very happy with how they came up!! Tastes quite nice too. I didn't know what to expect, I'm pleasantly surprised with how they taste. In one batch I added an extra clove and an extra half a cinnamon stick. Personally, I like the one with the extras a little better as did my mate, ours wives enjoyed the original a little better. Now to step up and do some bigger batches and start having a play with flavours!..

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1496917924.975662.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1496917941.292867.jpg

Just saw this on FB too, was thinking 'I have seen this before' lol.

Looked at some dates of some dry mead on the shelf, 2015. Better give it a nudge for scientific research.

Just bottled my first batch of Mead tonight. I did the Joes Ancient Orange. Very happy with how they came up!! Tastes quite nice too. I didn't know what to expect, I'm pleasantly surprised with how they taste. In one batch I added an extra clove and an extra half a cinnamon stick. Personally, I like the one with the extras a little better as did my mate, ours wives enjoyed the original a little better. Now to step up and do some bigger batches and start having a play with flavours!..

View attachment 106253

View attachment 106254

Congratulations! Great job on bottling your first batch of Mead. Looks good. Here's to bigger batches and more flavours. Cheers!

HAHA - When I read that you only had on litre left, the thought crossed my mind that by tomorrow night the litre will be gone, now I wish I had of put a fiver on it.
I have 12 litres in my cupboard in 2litre glass sherry flagons that I brewed last june, 3 flavours. They look bloody gawjus and have been tempted...but...hoping to finally put them into smaller bottles (corona 355ml bottles lables removed) - so I should get 12 of each. The only time i tasted it was when I tranferred from primary into the 2litre flagons - this is 9 months later and just keep forgetting. But have been sitting the the cupboard and i can read a newspaper through them...bloody clear as a bell.

HAHA - When I read that you only had on litre left, the thought crossed my mind that by tomorrow night the litre will be gone, now I wish I had of put a fiver on it.

I actually thought I could've lasted... Had a few mates that were keen to try it so I was more than obliging... haha. I've just done another 20lts on Friday. Just a traditional. When I rack into the demijohns then I'll add the flavours. This time I'll be putting some away for aging!!!

Latest posts

Back