Bottle Opener On A Ring

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the first one from a mate who spent the night drinking Becks during one of the Australian F1 GP's. From memory you got one for every three beers you had.
The other I got from the same mate when he went to work for a brewery and Becks wasn't in their product range, so he had to re-brand me :lol:

Doc

Hey barfridge,

I did a bit of a search and found that the original site seems to have the cheapest price but don't ship to Oz. But these guys do for only $20.24 US and the rings are 1 - 2 $9.95 ea. 3 - 11 $9.75 ea. 12 - 23 $9.50 ea. 24 + $9.00 ea. So if we can get 10 or more the rings will cost about $16 Au ea + postage out to everyone in Oz.

Don't mean to rush you I'm just excited :p

Hello, it's Barfington, your ringmaster with an update-

It looks like eparty unlimited is the supplier of choice for our rings. Thinkgeek came in at US$9.95 each + US$40 shipping, so they're out. The final cost will depend on how many rings are ordered, which obviously changes the unit price and the shipping cost per unit. We should be able to come in under $20 Australian each, including postage to anywhere in this wide brown land girt by sea.

The next step is to place the order. Could everyone please post in this thread the following information (just cut and paste is easiest)

AHB Name:
Qty required:
Ring Size(s):
City/State:
Postage Option (regular/express/nil):

As for ring sizing, there is a page HERE dealing with the subject. A firm fit on the middle finger is recommended by the ring makers. The rings come in US sizes 8 to 15.

Perhaps for quite a few of you we could save on postage by shipping a few rings at a time to one person (I'm thinking the flocs in Adelaide). I should be able to hand deliver to most Perth people.

As for postage once the shipment lands, there are 2 options:
- express post 500g satchel ($6.50)
- parcel post 500g satchel ($4.50)

As for paying me, direct bank deposit is the easiest. I'll PM those details when the time comes. If you wish to pay another way, feel free to contact me.

I'm sure I've left something out, so feel free to ask Barfenterprises, where our company motto is - "Plase your ring in my capable hands, and your experience will be pleasurable".

AHB Name: fnqbunyip
Qty required: 2
Ring Size(s): 14/12
City/State: mossman qld 4873
Postage Option parcel post

thanks barfridge pm me details and cost and I'll deposit straight away...

cheers fnqbunyip

The credit card opener would look excellent with www.Aussiehomebrewer.com on it.

AHB Name: Jye
Qty required: 1
Ring Size(s): 15
City/State: Runcorn, QLD, 4113
Postage Option (regular/express/nil): regular

Cheers barfridge

I'd go that idea POL ...
might be ezyer than the glass's

cheers fnqbunyip

Lager, that would be a good idea. The AHB hop logo would look extra nice etched onto something like that.

barf, put me down for one:

AHB Name: kai
Ring Size(s): 12
City/State: Adelaide, SA

Borret said:
n00ch said:
If anyone is after the credit card openers this guy is selling the coopers ones for $8.50 delivered.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Coopers-Wallet-Bott...1QQcmdZViewItem
[post="72582"][/post]​

:lol: :lol: Did you read the dimensions on that. More like a brief case version than a wallet version.

Borret brewing parafinalia is working on one of these cards too. :ph34r:

Borret
[post="72586"][/post]​

Sent her a question regarding size, got reply closer to 85 x 55mm

normell

throw me down for one (dam these bulk buys - always gets me :) )

AHB Name: Gout
Ring Size(s): 11
City/State: Melb. Vic

may bump the QTY to 2 (pending)

Barfridge, when do we need to have our orders in by? I will be getting 2 (but maybe a few more - waiting on people to get back to me...)

Rich

AHB Name: ozbrewer
Qty required:1
Ring Size(s):15
City/State:Brizzy
Postage Option (regular/express/nil):parcil post

i have worn my ring out trying to open bottles, this looks like a better idea

I'll keep orders open until Thursday or Friday of next week, to give everyone a chance to participate.

Doc said:
Actually I still like and use my one that is as thick as a credit card and fits in your wallet like a credit card. And it is always on me, as I always have my wallet. Unlike my car keys which I like to leave at home when I'm out for a few.

Beers,
Doc
[post="71769"][/post]​

OK, So it's not quite the polished finish product of Doc's one but this is my first attempt. Work's well enough. Thanks for the profile Doc. :beerbang:

Cheers

Borret :blink:

card.jpg

Ozbrewer, you better refraze that one.

'i have worn my ring out trying to open bottles, this looks like a better idea'.
:p :p :beerbang:

ozbrewer said:
i have worn my ring out trying to open bottles

[post="72762"][/post]​

I gather you've been using the wrong part of you anatomy to open bottles. :blink:

I use my hands to open bottles ;)

reminds me of the Tooheys ad....shes a class act with a neat trick

Linz said:
ozbrewer said:
i have worn my ring out trying to open bottles

[post="72762"][/post]​

I gather you've been using the wrong part of you anatomy to open bottles. :blink:

I use my hands to open bottles ;)

reminds me of the Tooheys ad....shes a class act with a neat trick
[post="73079"][/post]​

Reminds me of a video I saw years back.......wish it didn't remind me about that now :blink: :blink:

Batz

you mean your not supposed to open beer with your ass?

Back