Bottle Conditioning, Temp Issue

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blitzer

Reaction score
Hi all,
Quick question I have beers that have been bottle conditioning in my garage for 3 weeks, but Brisbane is getting hotter and I don't think they will stay at a good temp much longer.
People talk about how their beers taste better after a few months, will I stop this conditioning process of I put these bottles in a cold fridge? Or after the 2 weeks carbing it's fine to leave in a fridge after?
Currently have a temp controller on the way just in case and for the next batch.

Pretty sure your fine to fridge them now. The warm temps are for carbing for 2-3 weeks. Mine go in fridge after that and I have no drama

Yep, same here. I usually leave them inside, which is usually about 20c, for about two weeks them pop them in the fridge.

if on the rare occasion i bottle a batch, i store them inside in a spare room for a week or two, then i load up my fridge with them.

Never had a problem.

Hi all,
Quick question I have beers that have been bottle conditioning in my garage for 3 weeks, but Brisbane is getting hotter and I don't think they will stay at a good temp much longer.
People talk about how their beers taste better after a few months, will I stop this conditioning process of I put these bottles in a cold fridge? Or after the 2 weeks carbing it's fine to leave in a fridge after?
Currently have a temp controller on the way just in case and for the next batch.

Whack them in the fridge if you have space. I find beers actually age beautifully if they are conditioned long term at about 7-10 degrees (once carbed up). Only problem is I don't have a fridge big enough for all of my beer so they live under a wet blanket in the summer.

JD.

I tried throwing them under a wet blanket, seemed the outside of the bottles started growing mould.

Freaked out I had an infection, but tasted fine so was definitely just the outside of the bottle.

I most definitely won't have enough space for all of my bottles, but living in Melbourne I suppose that longer term storage under the house isn't so bad for the beer?

Latest posts

Back