Borretmaid

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tangent said:
ok, i need to make the same false bottom as Borret has but there's NO WAY, i'm going to drill and de-burr 1000 little holes
time to scan the salvage yards for s/s mesh
[post="86819"][/post]​
While you are drilling them, get hold of some SS braid off ezy-hooker. From what I hear you will never bother going with the false bottom. Of course there are those that swear by them.

Borret stands there drilling.

It's the way of the future - It's the way of the future - It's the way of the future - It's the way of the future - It's the way of the future - It's the way of the future - It's the way of the future - It's the way of the future - It's the way of the future - It's the way of the future - It's the way of the future - It's the way of the future -

:p

Warren -

That was the thirty reasons I made one. Given the cashflow I would have sought out some preforated sheet, 3/32" on 5/32 centres, and it would certainly be the more desirable option...but my stainless sheet was scrap out of the bin at work. Easier to justify to SWMBO that way. The percusive sound of centre punching at 10 o'clock at night wasn't.

At the end of the day it worked a treat so I was happy. It's all part of the sport.

Borret

Back